User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satellite Input?

On my 2019 Reflection 287RLTS, I have satellite outputs behind the TV in the main room, for the TV in the bedroom, one outside the trailer between the doors, and even one in the Nautilus panel. Where is the satellite input cable? I can see nothing on the roof, just the enclosed Winegard omni-directional TV antenna.

Could the one in the Nautilus panel really be an input?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the one at the Nautilus is the input (cable one too) for a carryout satellite dish.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the satellite input in the Nautilus is the input and it splits to the 3 locations. However, it has been noted many times on this forum that the connections may be loose or not routed correctly so you may have to visually inspect the wiring to ensure it's correct. Or you could use a tool such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/Locations-Exp...3744328&sr=8-3

I'm on my 3rd RV and each one had loose connections so I've learned to tighten them as part of my shakedown trip.

Good luck.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

I'm assuming when using cable that signal just goes through the same Coax cable that the roof antenna uses, and that's why the antenna amp button has to be turned off. Interesting that that antenna amp runs on the 12 V circuit though and can be on even when no 120 V AC is available, hence no TV.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hartcentr View Post
    Thanks!

I'm assuming when using cable that signal just goes through the same Coax cable that the roof antenna uses, and that's why the antenna amp button has to be turned off. Interesting that that antenna amp runs on the 12 V circuit though and can be on even when no 120 V AC is available, hence no TV.
    Yes, the cable connection in the nautilus is the same wiring and splitter(s) used by the antenna. The satellite inputs should be a home run to each individual TV location. My 395M has 4 TV's and 4 sat inputs in the hookup area. I have a Winegard Trav'ler on mine and ran the signal wire from the SWM power injector to my Directv splitter input i put in the convenience center. I then used 4 short jumpers to each individual connection.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    Yes, the cable connection in the nautilus is the same wiring and splitter(s) used by the antenna. The satellite inputs should be a home run to each individual TV location. My 395M has 4 TV's and 4 sat inputs in the hookup area. I have a Winegard Trav'ler on mine and ran the signal wire from the SWM power injector to my Directv splitter input i put in the convenience center. I then used 4 short jumpers to each individual connection.

Thanks for the info, that is what I was hoping. I am not planning on using them for satellite, I am getting a cell phone booster (weBoost Connect RV 65) that uses RG6 Coax for the exterior antenna. RG6 is also used on the trailer wiring system. The plan is to run that antenna wire into the living room satellite input in the Nautilus panel, which will then output in the satellite output behind the TV in the living room. From there, run that to the input of the booster. I can then mount the booster and the interior booster antenna in that entertainment center alcove behind the TV, so that when done, everything is out of sight with no holes having been drilled, etc. Power for the booster is also available in that TV alcove. It even has a 12V power option available as well, so I'm assuming I can tap into that 12V line that runs up to the Winegard.

That's the plan anyway, we'll see how it works.
    Last edited by hartcentr; 07-03-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    Yes, the satellite input in the Nautilus is the input and it splits to the 3 locations. However, it has been noted many times on this forum that the connections may be loose or not routed correctly so you may have to visually inspect the wiring to ensure it's correct. Or you could use a tool such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/Locations-Exp...3744328&sr=8-3

I'm on my 3rd RV and each one had loose connections so I've learned to tighten them as part of my shakedown trip.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the link on the coax tester! Good to know.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hartcentr View Post
    Thanks for the info, that is what I was hoping. I am not planning on using them for satellite, I am getting a cell phone booster (weBoost Connect RV 65) that uses RG6 Coax for the exterior antenna. RG6 is also used on the trailer wiring system. The plan is to run that antenna wire into the living room satellite input in the Nautilus panel, which will then output in the satellite output behind the TV in the living room. From there, run that to the input of the booster. I can then mount the booster and the interior booster antenna in that entertainment center alcove behind the TV, so that when done, everything is out of sight with no holes having been drilled, etc. Power for the booster is also available in that TV alcove. It even has a 12V power option available as well, so I'm assuming I can tap into that 12V line that runs up to the Winegard.

That's the plan anyway, we'll see how it works.

How did this work? I would like to do the same thing since I will never use the Satellite cable in my Imagine 3110BH.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neumanngroup View Post
    How did this work? I would like to do the same thing since I will never use the Satellite cable in my Imagine 3110BH.
    Worked great. Took it camping and got a good signal at a campground that has no service at all. The closest tower is about 12 miles away on the other side of some large mountains.

Since about half the camping we do is without a power hookup, I hardwired the 12 volt transformer that came with it in line. I have the 120 V line if I ever need it and the 120 outlet for the TV is there too. In the picture, the booster is on the right side and the internal antenna is on the left. Works great in the main living room and kitchen. No signal at all in the bedroom. The internal antenna is just under powered, a common complaint with these units. I bought a Wilson splitter (available on Amazon) and a second (actually better) internal antenna. I am going to route a second internal antenna (the original one) back to the bedroom...that will require some drilling, but no drilling at all was required what for what you see in the picture. Hard wired into the Winegard amp power line, the unit would have been on any time the batteries were on (unless the plug is pulled out of the booster) so I bought a cheap on-off switch on Amazon and wired it into the transformer line. To use it, I just flip that little switch. When the TV is pushed back, you can't see any of it.

On off switch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G17HWW8

Wilson Splitter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NCRH7JW

Second Antenna

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZWGQ6LG

The transformer (top of the picture) itself is held on with velcro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cell Booster.JPG  
    Last edited by hartcentr; 09-10-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John and Denise,

Can you elaborate on the jumpers used? I use Dish and ran 3 HDMI cables from an HDMI splitter next to the satellite box to each tv location. Running the HDMI cables was extremely labor intensive running through the underbelly and through the back fake wall of the entertainment center. I’m not sure if there is an easier way or not. I tried using two cable boxes but Dish has a hard enough time keeping one working let alone the secondary receiver. I’m fine having the same station on all 4 tv’s. Thanks for any advise or help. I also sent you guys a private message.

Mitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast