User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other problem that newer trucks have when it comes to 5th wheel compatibility is that the bed sides are taller compared to older trucks. This in itself puts the bed rails closer to your 5th wheel. This can be a big problem with older 5th wheel trailers.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I measured mine @21.5"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phansen404 View Post
    The federal standard for vertical clearance on an INTERSTATE is 16ft over the entire width of the roadway. For highways used for defense purposes, the vertical clearance is 17ft. This standard started in 2014 so there are a lot of overpasses that were not due for replacement so they will be at the old 13.6ft. Michigan requires a permit for anything over 13.6ft.
    We just pulled our Solitude 379FL on I-94 (Michigan) under a 14'-1" overpass near a Jackson construction zone (both directions). I never read overpass heights before we got the solitude. Now I cringe at every overpass... There is also a 13'-8" overpass on M-50 just east of Dundee, Michigan. It has curved-arch type construction. I usually straddle the middle of the two-lane when going under that one...!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12