User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 150 Series

Not seeing a sub section for the 150 series, I'll post up here.
    Looking for input from any owners of the 240RL, 260RD or 268BH as we want to be under 12'6 tall and under 32' long. I've been in all of them and they look pretty nice. So here are some questions...

The U table makes into a sizable bed, but is it comfortable?
    Is there enough closet space for a couple in the 2 smaller ones for longer trips?
    The 260 has a large fridge, any issues with that?
    The windows are sliders and don't open at an angle to keep rain out. Why and any issues with them?
    No hollow bumper, so where do you store the dump hose?
    The 268 has the lowest carrying capacity of the 3. Is 1704 lb really enough or has anyone exceeded the gvwr yet?
    Did anybody get the dual pane window option?
    How does the sound system sound?
    What is a good price for each of them?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Not seeing a sub section for the 150 series, I'll post up here.
    Looking for input from any owners of the 240RL, 260RD or 268BH as we want to be under 12'6 tall and under 32' long. I've been in all of them and they look pretty nice. So here are some questions...

The U table makes into a sizable bed, but is it comfortable?
    Is there enough closet space for a couple in the 2 smaller ones for longer trips?
    The 260 has a large fridge, any issues with that?
    The windows are sliders and don't open at an angle to keep rain out. Why and any issues with them?
    No hollow bumper, so where do you store the dump hose?
    The 268 has the lowest carrying capacity of the 3. Is 1704 lb really enough or has anyone exceeded the gvwr yet?
    Did anybody get the dual pane window option?
    How does the sound system sound?
    What is a good price for each of them?

Thanks in advance!
    -The table/bed comfort depends on your tolerance. For kids or an overnighter probably would be fine. The cushions really don't offer much support, I have already replaced the foam inserts with higher density foam just for sitting. FYI.... many look to replace the mattress for similar reasons.
    -If you agree early on what to bring and what to leave behind and who gets what drawers the cloths storage would suffice. The bins around the bed and space under often get overlooked. I take enough to get me through 8 to 14 days planning on doing laundry if I'm staying out longer.
    -Yes, it's too big for the intended use of the trailer. I would have preferred an 8 cu. ft 'fridge, the 12 cu. ft RM1350 was a forced option. A 240RL / 260RD are by and large couples trailers. There is the expense of keeping a large 'fridge cool and it does struggle in warmer weather to cool the inside. The auxiliary cooling fan on mine starts running at about 70 deg and interior temperatures begin to climb as it nears 80 or being in direct sunlight. This fan is a power hog and will run a battery down quickly. Look at all the posts of persons adding fans or modify the duct work on the RM1350 Dometics.
    -I would have preferred a few more awning windows too, I have one in the bedroom. I believe sliders are cheaper to acquire so that is what they use. I had one with the glass edge chipped from the factory which was replaced. Also the large slider in the bedroom had an issue with staying locked and closed while traveling. This seems to be a common theme with that window on several models. After a go around with the the dealer and Grand Design I was pushed off to Lippert customer service. They took ownership of the problem and replaced the window, however it took a long time to get done. I had to return to the dealer when the window came in.
    -There is a tube mounted under the frame for the sewer hose, a nice touch. I don't use it however as I mounted a light weight carrier at the hitch with an aluminum tool box for landing pads and chocking. I also bolted on a plastic corner box to carry all the septic hose, fittings and flush hose.
    -This is a fairly new model I think but with a family of four I'd expect you would be bumping up against that number.
    -Dual pane windows are an expensive option especially for this line of trailers. Unless you expect a lot of cold night camping probably not worth it. A 5000 watt space heater can keep my trailer comfortable down to about freezing. Also you could put foil backed bubble wrap over the windows to insulate and prevent sweating in cooler outside temps. The cost of the double pain would buy a lot of window covering.
    -Awful, Like the sound system in any lower tier RV I imagine. I don't bother with it at all as it grates my ears, is cryptic to set up and use especially since you lose settings each time the power is turned off. Also it won't play Blu-ray discs. One thing I found was replacing the TV with a 43" LCD Samsung not only was a huge improvement in picture quality and features but the sound was clear and not distorted from it so I passed on adding a sound bar.
    -Most claim 25% to 30% off MSRP when asked. I did a bit better but there are other considerations. The dealer service department's reputation and how far away they are. Many dealers, this isn't exclusive to GD, won't take warranty work for units they did not sell you. So ask these questions up front, just don't ask the salesman for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-04-2020 at 06:04 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Wicked ace, thanks for that great response about your 260rd, very enlightening...lot of gems.
    The 12 cu ft fridge issue does not surprise me, seems like overkill.
    Maybe the BH would suit us better in spite of the lower CCC.
    We do mostly boondocking w/o plugging in, but still not sure dual pane would be worth it...

Keep them coming folks...I appreciate anything you have to say about these models.
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 07-04-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second most of Wicked Ace's comments. My 273mk is not made anymore but very similar.

* Our 8cf fridge will often run at top setting but so far works well. It holds quite a bit and we have gone several weeks without shopping.
    * We have a sofa bed as well as the dinette. The dinette is tolerable but the sofa is pretty rough. We carry an egg crate topper that helps.
    * Only very high winds can blow rain through the window screens.
    * We did 3 weeks with 4 adults. Pretty tight quarters and filled all the cupboards and corners. With kids I would definitely get a BH model.
    * My rig came with a 5' tube hung mid-ship. That's not enough space for much tubing and it fell off after the first trip. I built 2 'fence post' holders 7' each and even cut out a section for double width.

There are some things we gave up for this rig. Bigger tanks would be great as we like to camp without hookups. Bigger tires and a tougher frame would tackle those back roads better. We haven't tried freezing weather much, though we did wake up to snow last fall. Now that I have a larger lithium battery bank we're good for a week+ of furnace work. The sofa-TV arrangement is poor, yes the speakers too, but we go camping to get away from most of that. Your priorities must rule your choices.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick,
    Had not thought about the screens to keep the rain out. We've had the frameless windows for a long time.
    Keep em coming folks, learn something everyday.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2020 260RD has the newer Norcold fridge and it seems to hold the temp better than our old Dometic 8cf that was in our Forest River. We really haven't had many complaints... other than the front bedroom window opening while traveling issue. We remedied that with a window lock. One concern we are taking it back to the dealer for is a leaking rear window. In the last big rain we had we noticed a consistent drip of water from the top left side of the window. I called GD and they said they would cover it, even though we are a month out of warranty.

Other than those two issues, we absolutely love our 260RD!
    2011Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD
    2020.5 (White) Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to our Vehicle Weight Information Sheet that came with our 268BH, our CCC is 2087......
    2019 F350 CCLB 6.7
    2020 Reflection 268BH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news, I was looking at the brochure. Can you post a pic?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B138878-A98E-4DEA-8DA3-DDB257116252.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	27922. Of the trailer?
    2019 F350 CCLB 6.7
    2020 Reflection 268BH