User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We hope not to camp in the parking lot, but also not too far in case something fails overnight. We'll begin at 930 until satisfied.
    Appreciate all the suggestions, especially the part about not paying until done.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    We spent our first night in the dealer parking lot. They had a few things to fix/install the next day and we had assurance that anything we found would be quickly dealt with!
    Hi Rick,
    What kind of things required the overnight stay? They seem to want to give me about an hour for 'orientation' and that's it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Hi Rick,
    What kind of things required the overnight stay? They seem to want to give me about an hour for 'orientation' and that's it.
    I think we took 2 hours and were probably too quick. Remember, you have what they want and can go other places to get what you want. You have major negotiating power and some extra staff time is an extremely minor cost to them.

Mostly we used the time to use the features and appliances, not just see them turn on. We baked something in the oven, had the fridge running, took showers, washed dishes, watched TV, ran the furnace. We wanted to have time in case things did not go well.

Another factor was that we live 4 hours drive from the dealer. But they (and many dealers) have a few hook-up spots. Guy next to us was cleaning and prepping his rig for a trade-in.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the dual-pane windows. NOTE: they are not like house windows, there is no air between the glass, just double thick glass.

We find that the dual pane windows keeps warm in, hot out, they don't sweat very much, and almost impossible to see inside with the lights out. The dual pane windows are not frameless due to the design, so there is a rubber around the windows. We love them and will order them again on next rig.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I wish I could have gotten the dual panes, but it was going to be a special order with no guarantee I would have a trailer in time to enjoy camping and fishing this year. So I found one with only 1 AC north of me as those east and west had 2 ACs as well as my local dealer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Grandesigner, if my math is correct sounds like you’re in or around ABQ. If so, Aloha is the only local GD dealer in the area. I’ve purchased from them in the past and wasn’t overly thrilled with them after the sale, not horrible, but not great either.

La Mesa RV carries GD in other states and I was planning on seeing if they would bring in the GD of my choice from one of their other stores. Hoping to get better customer service after the sale, but I don’t know if La Mesa is any better. Did you happen to talk to them?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have bought from Aloha, no other choice here, but all their units had 2 ACs which defeated the low profileness of the 150 series. Could not find anything at LaMesa...
    Welcome to the forum!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have bought from Aloha, no other choice here, but all their units had 2 ACs which defeated the low profileness of the 150 series. Could not find anything at LaMesa...
    Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks! I don't believe the local La Mesa store carries GD. However, they have stores that do. I'd like to see if they would bring one in for me. It's so hard to find information on service after the sale. La Mesa seems to have either 5 star or 1 star reviews on Yelp...nothing in between, but I guess those are the people who are typically motivated to write reviews (the ones who are either very satisfied or very dissatisfied).

I drove to Iowa for the last fiver I purchased. Camping World had the same unit on the lot in ABQ. Got a quote from RV Direct in Iowa that was $12K less that the best deal at Camping World. When told the salesman at CW what RV Direct quoted me, he said, "Well, I would buy it." Two weeks later he called me back to see if I was still interested in the unit. It was pretty satisfying to tell him I'd already been to Des Moines to pick up my new Jayco. Definitely would have preferred to buy local, but not for a $12k difference!

Did you pick up your unit yet? The day you pick up your new rig is a great day!

Love to hear back from you on how you like your new rig. We are looking at the very same floorplans.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC, warranty work can be had anywhere but camping world. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    I will pick it up tomorrow.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC, warranty work can be had anywhere but camping world. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    I will pick it up tomorrow.
    Awesome! Have a safe trip.

I was told GD would pay for warranty work done by non-GD dealers. I guess the issue becomes how responsive those dealers are when it comes to working on units that they didn't sell. This has always baffled me. I think it's just a strong arm sales tactic, but service work is a big part of any dealerships bottom line and turning away work, whether or not they sold it to you, seems like poor business management to me.

On another note, Tom's RV Service in ABQ did some warranty work for me on my Jayco. We were full-timing for a bit and had some furnace issues. They were great and worked directly with Jayco to diagnose and fix the issue. They were very responsive. I'd be willing to bet they could do warranty work on GDs as well. Just another option, for what it's worth, in the event Aloha puts you at the end of the line for any warranty work you may need.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast