User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coleman Mach 15 wiring questions

I just installed a Coleman Mach 15 ac into the pre wired bedroom vent. The Thermostat is an AirXCEL 9400 series. The thermostat comes on, but I’m unable to control the ac completely. The ac comes in when my circuit breaker is on, but only turns off when the circuit breaker is turned off. I believe I may not have the wires going into the thermostat in the correct pins. The thermostat is for cool and heat, but I don’t have the heat option in the ac unit.

If anyone has installed this thermostat, can you tell me if I used the correct pins? I ran them on the top five positions. If anyone understands the wiring maybe you can tell better than me. Here are some pics. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E8A71707-18B0-4853-9DDF-063C58EBEEBB.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	27734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B94F1779-5F03-4CC1-B5A1-92CFBD367DCD.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	27735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BFC6D12C-F968-4AF9-BA68-23C2E24ED072.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	27736
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    I just installed a Coleman Mach 15 ac into the pre wired bedroom vent. The Thermostat is an AirXCEL 9400 series. The thermostat comes on, but I’m unable to control the ac completely. The ac comes in when my circuit breaker is on, but only turns off when the circuit breaker is turned off. I believe I may not have the wires going into the thermostat in the correct pins. The thermostat is for cool and heat, but I don’t have the heat option in the ac unit.

If anyone has installed this thermostat, can you tell me if I used the correct pins? I ran them on the top five positions.
    Steve,
    The wires at the t-stat look to be in the correct terminals.
    You can see another person's t-stat photo, same t-stat - https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post255145
    As you said you don't use the heat, so no wire on W for yours.

Do you have the 12V negative from the OR/WH pair tied onto the Control Box terminal B and tied onto the Blue t-stat wire back to the t-stat?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coleman t-stat wiring.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	27737
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Steve,
    The wires at the t-stat look to be in the correct terminals.
    You can see another person's t-stat photo, same t-stat - https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post255145
    As you said you don't use the heat, so no wire on W for yours.

Do you have the 12V negative from the OR/WH pair tied onto the Control Box terminal B and tied onto the Blue t-stat wire back to the t-stat?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coleman t-stat wiring.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	27737
    Thanks for that link. I do have the blue wire connected to the 12v negative and the control box. Weird question; is there a battery inside these thermostats?
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Thanks for that link. I do have the blue wire connected to the 12v negative and the control box. Weird question; is there a battery inside these thermostats?
    No battery in the 12V t-stats that I know of.
    I guess at this point I'd try to determine if there's a problem with the t-stat wires or the t-stat like nictro suggested
    Also could try running some spare t-stat wire direct fm t-stat to control box to elimante a problem with wires, like a staple in the wall shorting one out.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the help of @kevinseipp, we found my mistake. I wired all the 12v+ wires to the control box, thus making the unit come on all the time. I corrected that and it’s working now. The only issue I have is the high modes do not work. It just shuts off. I’m gonna take a break for a bit, but if anyone has ideas on that I’ll listen. I may call the manufacturer on Monday. Thanks.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a 12 volt test light use it. Go thru all the settings on the T-Stat. Check for 12 volt on Pins and that will let you know where to connect on over head unit. Or pop the original T-Stat and wire it the same. I just finished an install and the diagram was wrong.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    If you have a 12 volt test light use it. Go thru all the settings on the T-Stat. Check for 12 volt on Pins and that will let you know where to connect on over head unit. Or pop the original T-Stat and wire it the same. I just finished an install and the diagram was wrong.
    Will do. Thanks
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a multi meter on the low voltage wires today. Not sure what it told me, but afternplughing back in the high and low can speed wires, I’m happy to report all is working properly.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Electricity can be a funny thing sometimes. I’m glad you were able to figure it out!!

Happy trails!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3170BH
    Pulled via 2010 Ram 2500 Laramie Megacab