User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work! I'm planning on installing two Lion Energy 105AH batteries but not sure if they will be cool in the passthrough when boon docking in the summer. What kind of temperatures are you seeing during high ambient days?

Also, can you share a picture on how/where you brought the main power wires into the pass through compartment? Did you remove the insulation to drill into the bottom of the compartment?

Thank you,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The highest temp my batteries have reached in the storage bay, when not in heavy use, is 32C / 90F, and that's when it was the same temp outside. Under heavy use it will be warmer, but that usually isn't a concern. The benefit is that the batteries stay warmer when it's cold outside, especially when it dips below freezing overnight. Batteries lose alot of power when they get really cold, so keeping the lithiums at indoor temperature will give you a longer runtime when boondocking.
    I basically tied the batteries from the bus bar into the shut off switch in the storage bay, and ran a new negative cable to the exposed frame inside the same box that the shut off switch and plumbing are located in. I have two shut off switches now: one right at the Lynx distributor that cuts the power off to everything, and the factory one that cuts the power off to the whole trailer, but leaves the solar charger and equipment bay live. Sorry, no pics of how I tied into that. Next time I rewire, I'll try to remember to take a pic.
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12