User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, and let's hope it's just an adjustment. Happy 4th!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I merged these 2 threads. It was reported and it is the same notice/question in 2 different threads. Rather than delete one to the other I merged them.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Happy 4th!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I called Grand Design regarding my issue and they told me that a 2ft bowing out of the slide was excessive and the slide needed to be adjusted by an RV Service dealer. He also said a 6inch bowing out was the norm. I am having my camper slide adjusted and also adding a compression bar when the slider is in to eliminate bowing out. I was surprised that the Grand Design headquarters got me a real person to talk to who spoke English. I was expecting the phone menu merry-go-round with a "leave a message and someone will call you back".

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinopivi View Post
    So I called Grand Design regarding my issue and they told me that a 2ft bowing out of the slide was excessive and the slide needed to be adjusted by an RV Service dealer. He also said a 6inch bowing out was the norm. I am having my camper slide adjusted and also adding a compression bar when the slider is in to eliminate bowing out. I was surprised that the Grand Design headquarters got me a real person to talk to who spoke English. I was expecting the phone menu merry-go-round with a "leave a message and someone will call you back".
    Glad to hear that it is going to be getting fixed and the GD agreed that it is not normal. I would not have thought though that 6 inches would be considered normal. Can get a lot of water inside driving in the rain if the top moves out 6 inches going around a corner. I know that mine doesn't move out at all and if it did and that was considered normal and they would not fix it I would be getting the compression bar as well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6in is a lot

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something to think about, there is no way that you can see what your Kitchen slide is doing when making a left turn. I adjusted my truck mirrors but when you start to make that left the slide goes out of site. The only why you can make sure is for someone to follow you. I know that cable slides and the slides with upper and lower track arms do not have the problem. If the couple behind us had not followed me to my storage site and told me what they saw I would have never know that I had an issue.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinopivi View Post
    Something to think about, there is no way that you can see what your Kitchen slide is doing when making a left turn. I adjusted my truck mirrors but when you start to make that left the slide goes out of site. The only why you can make sure is for someone to follow you. I know that cable slides and the slides with upper and lower track arms do not have the problem. If the couple behind us had not followed me to my storage site and told me what they saw I would have never know that I had an issue.
    Actually, can do yourself. Painter's tape is commonly used to be an indicator of the flex by taping from wall across slide time at intervals around the slideout. Any locations broken or pulled loose tell you where it's tipping. 6" is surprising to me... That certain luxury 5er brand that had the model with the slide tip out issue re-engineered the edge support between the arms such that the stiffness would only yield 2" on an extreme shift, which was not enough to break the wiper seal.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Or you can get the old school solution. They come in handy for other things too. https://www.amazon.com/American-Tech...a-761033773348
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to add the slide bar. Didn't realize that they are sold on Amazon. Getting mine from the RV place, same price. Thanks for the feedback

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast