User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I would have known about the Amazon RV locking bar before the RV Service dealer ordered it. I picked up the bar today and the cost $89. I showed him the Amazon part by the same company and it was $38. He said they can't compete with Amazon prices. Wow what a price differential!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinopivi View Post
    I understand this is an issue on some travel trailers specifically when towing and making a left turn. Is this a design flaw? Is there a manufacturer fix? Other comments/recommendations appreciated. I am new to the site, so please excuse my question if it has already been addressed thank you!
    On our 2016 reflection 33 rear living Room it did the same thing, the dealer didn't believe me so I mounted a go pro on the site of the trailer and put blue painters tape on the side of the slight out at 6" increments it tilted out almost exactly 2 and a 1/2 feet from the top which was about the full length of the slide. They tried the adjustment, they tried new suspension arms underneath the slide that it rides on and nothing fixed it. It was quite unnerving because we traveled 14 miles of winding mountain road just to get to our house after camping and it was on the on coming traffic side. We ended up selling it and got a 2020 front living Room Solitude and no slides tip out at all on this one.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 379fls and the fridge slide (top only) came out about a foot one time when I took a very sharp and leaning right hand turn. Scary to see in the mirror. After researching, contacting dealer, checking all slide parts and functionality, everything checked out fine. While its designed to kind of sink into place when retracted, the simple problem on mine (and probably other models) is there really isn’t anything on the top side to stop it from tilting out. Especially on a heavy fridge slide. If you turn sharp, fast or the unit leans too much on the turn, the potential for it to partially extend is there.
    I personally just put a slide like in place on the one fridge slide. It only takes a minute to put in place and then remove.
    I also laminated a small card that says “slide lock in place”. I keep this card tucked into the control panel to remind me to remove the slide lock before trying to extend the slide.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having this exact same issue!!! Top of my kitchen slide come out at least 1 foot at the top only in turns. I sure hope my dealer can make the necessary adjustments....I wish I had a grand designs rep close by that could guide the dealer. I know they won’t fix it correctly in their own or they will adjust it incorrectly as per the usual. Please report back to us once you have more information. I have a 2020 momentum 349m. Thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I experienced the tipping kitchen slide. I had to make a hard left pulling out in heavy traffic. The slide tipped out far enough that a 4 inch fan that was in the floor slid under the floor and prevented the slide from settling back down. It was therefore still tilted out when I arrived at camp.

I was able to push the slide out and extract fan and the slide settled into place without apparent damage.

My problem with the solution of putting locking bar in is that in the RSTS you cannot enter the rear of the unit when the slides are in, so I would only be able to insert one bar near the front of the slide.
    2017 Duramax 2500HD pulling a
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieDon View Post
    So I experienced the tipping kitchen slide. I had to make a hard left pulling out in heavy traffic. The slide tipped out far enough that a 4 inch fan that was in the floor slid under the floor and prevented the slide from settling back down. It was therefore still tilted out when I arrived at camp.

I was able to push the slide out and extract fan and the slide settled into place without apparent damage.

My problem with the solution of putting locking bar in is that in the RSTS you cannot enter the rear of the unit when the slides are in, so I would only be able to insert one bar near the front of the slide.
    Hi Don,

Do your slides go in and out together? I have the 315RLTS TT, and my slides work independently, so you could do just the one, add the bar, then do the other. That is predicated that the do work separately.

I will say that I am not totally happy with how my slides work as they are tippy and bouncy in both directions, but to date I have not experienced any problems, so I will just let it go.

Good luck,
    Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slides are independent. It is the kitchen slide that I am most concerned with.

The living room slide is much wider and does not have any weight at the top, so it is naturally more stable. Also, I could put multiple support bars on the living room slide if need be.

The kitchen slide however, is only 23 inches deep and has significant weight at the top: microwave, food cabinet, refrigerator, TV/Entertainment center and fireplace. Also, when the kitchen slide is in the travel position you no longer have access to the rear of the camper, so you could not place a support bar anywhere except at the front of the slide.

I have a request into GD support for action, and will keep the forum advised.
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a BS response from the dealer. They choose to make 134% profit off you. For example, they could buy it from Bezos at $38 (actually $31 now) and sell it to a "customer" for $89.
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123