User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen slide top tilts out while traveling

I understand this is an issue on some travel trailers specifically when towing and making a left turn. Is this a design flaw? Is there a manufacturer fix? Other comments/recommendations appreciated. I am new to the site, so please excuse my question if it has already been addressed thank you!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I just purchased a used 2018 Grand Design Reflection 297rsts. I love the camper. My first scary expierence was a truck following me told me the the top of my kitchen slide came out about 2ft when I turned left. Having researched this issue it appears an inherent design flaw on campers from many different manufacturers. I am taking it to the dealer to make sure there are no structural issues. I understand the DIY solution is two 2x4 blocks between top of camper wall and top of slide inner frame. Go figure in the 21st century that this is an issue with what is suppose to be one of the better RV manufacturers. Thank you to the feedback I've gotten from Grand Design owner forums.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what unit you own, might use advanced search to find same issues....it’s a huge library of real issues we have had.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top of my thread Sid it was a 2018 Grand Design Reflection 297rsts.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs an adjustment on the slide arm brackets.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinopivi View Post
    The top of my thread Sid it was a 2018 Grand Design Reflection 297rsts.
    Like Steve stated needs an adjustment. Doesn't happen on my 297RSTS.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinopivi View Post
    I just purchased a used 2018 Grand Design Reflection 297rsts. I love the camper. My first scary expierence was a truck following me told me the the top of my kitchen slide came out about 2ft when I turned left. Having researched this issue it appears an inherent design flaw on campers from many different manufacturers. I am taking it to the dealer to make sure there are no structural issues. I understand the DIY solution is two 2x4 blocks between top of camper wall and top of slide inner frame. Go figure in the 21st century that this is an issue with what is suppose to be one of the better RV manufacturers. Thank you to the feedback I've gotten from Grand Design owner forums.
    Welcome to the forum. We also have a 2018 297RSTS. Slideout is not supposed to come out all anywhere when travelling. Ours don't. Needs an adjustment.

If you have any other questions just let us know. There are many of use on this forum that have the same or similar models. One thing to check for sure is that all of you suspension wet bolts have been greased. Most people, even some dealers don't know that they are supposed to be greased every 3000 miles or 5000 km of towing to maintain them. There are grease nipples on each of the shackle bolts 7 on each side.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Yours is the first answer that says how to fix mechanically. I meet with the Grand Design Service Manager on Monday morning and will ask him about adjusting slide brackets. Only other recommended fixes is using 2x4 or metal blocking rods to put pressure on top of slide and camper wall. I will report back after my appt on Monday. Thank you all for your comments! Happy 4th!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Rob! Have a happy 4th!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a time when you had to put travel bars in-place for a slide out as standard. Today, you just need to have your slide out adjusted. Welcome aboard!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast