User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Momentum 21G Owner

Hello everyone!

Just purchased a 2021 Momentum 21G (that depreciation is gonna' sting for awhile) and am picking it up on the 7th. This is my first RV/Toy hauler and can't wait to get started all the while a tad nervous. I started out just looking at enclosed cargo trailers that I could take on trips to keep my RZR a little more secure and well quickly progressed into getting a toy hauler. In the meantime I've had to trade in my F150 for a F250 as while many say the 21G can be towed with a half ton the numbers just didn't look good to me.

Anyway, happy to be here and look forward to reading and contributing.

Thank you,
    Steve

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badmojo View Post
    Hello everyone!

Just purchased a 2021 Momentum 21G (that depreciation is gonna' sting for awhile) and am picking it up on the 7th. This is my first RV/Toy hauler and can't wait to get started all the while a tad nervous. I started out just looking at enclosed cargo trailers that I could take on trips to keep my RZR a little more secure and well quickly progressed into getting a toy hauler. In the meantime I've had to trade in my F150 for a F250 as while many say the 21G can be towed with a half ton the numbers just didn't look good to me.

Anyway, happy to be here and look forward to reading and contributing.

Thank you,
    Steve
    Welcome to the Forum Steve from a fellow 21G owner.
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Larry,

Thanks for the welcome! Have you had any major issues with your 21G?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,
    Just got back from a four day camp.
    The only major thing that has broken on our 21G is that the awning started to pull loose from the outside wall in the front and rear. I think it is a common problem with a lot of the Grand Design awnings. I think the main cause is that when the awning is retracted that it slams into the side of the camper to hard pulling the screws out. I replaced about four screws on each end with molly rivets and about every other screw down the length.
    Several pieces of trim fell off.
    The fresh water tanks burp water every time the TT gets off level to the left side or you make a right hand turn. I have a fix that other people have done but have not fixed it due to cancellation of my spring 60 day trip and fall 40 day trip.

Do a search of this form on 21G and you can read comments from all the owners that have posted problems and comments including all my posts.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badmojo View Post
    Hello everyone!
    In the meantime I've had to trade in my F150 for a F250 as while many say the 21G can be towed with a half ton the numbers just didn't look good to me.
    Thank you,
    Steve
    Hi, all!

I came here to try and get some more info on the 21G. I found some great towing info in this thread:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post266847

But, I was really disappointed to find this post:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post266847

With the specs off the G21 website, I can barely (as in 'not really comfortable with pushing the limits') make the numbers work with my '16 F150, assuming max trailer GVW, a 10% tongue weight and an empty truck, and it's one of the higher-rated tow configs (not quite max, though). With the numbers the member posted from the weight sheet, it's out of the question. Unfortunately, for various reasons, I really don't want to get into a bigger truck at this time, so it looks like my dreams are shattered (or at least on hold...).

I don't know how RV manufactures (not just GD) and dealers can advertise these as 1/2-ton towable...

-Lee