User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great forum and glad to be a part of it.

We are coming from living on the water for a year while doing the 6000 mile Great Loop and looking forward to new discoveries inland in our new GD fifth wheel. My observation to date is how drastically different the quality of the products are between boats and RV's. But weight management was not on issue on the water so I get it... Currently waiting to exercise the GD customer support and warranty process as the first time I opened the slide, the slider edge cap had been sawed into creating a burr that put a 6" tear in the congoleum (sic?)flooring. Hoping the process gets better soon. Otherwise all good and we are hitting the road in August to Minnesota and then west. Looking forward to meeting you all on the road!

Derek and Lori

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard, Derek & Lori.

I'll bet that 6000 mile water trip has a lot of good stories behind it. We have friends who did that and always talk about it. I kind of get jealous hearing about it because it sounds so adventurous.

I have no experience with boats but have heard the old saying about a hole in the water where you sink money. Not sure how true or not it is, but this "whole" (pun intended) RVing thing probably holds true to that a bit. Lots of early life issues and then things settle down tho. Some folks have more trouble than others. Those that can fix many of their own problems know it kind of goes with the territory (unfortunately). And the list of "accessories" we all want/need never seems to end.

I'm not sure the old saying about boats and the happiest times are when buying and finally when selling either. But again - never had a boat. And every time we sell an RV we get another. So haven't found the end of our rainbow yet and, therefore, not sure if there is some kind of pot of gold or what.

Again, welcome aboard to RVing. You'll find lots of good people here and in your travels. Enjoy your travels.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard! Grand Design has a good reputation for service after a sale. You will find lots of help with items you may want to tackle, by asking owners on this forum. If you put your model trailer and make/model truck in your signature,it will help with any future questions you have. Enjoy!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed