User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2B1Ask1 View Post
    So, we recently purchased a 2019 Ford F250 that did not come with the factory Gooseneck/Fifth Wheel Package. We are looking to purchase a Fifth Wheel camper and I am pretty much dead set on using an Andersen Ultimate system to tow. Two primary reasons; the truck is a daily driver and we use the bed, and second we have many friends who have used both conventional fifth wheel and Andersen and all swear Andersen is a superior tow.

Now, on to the real question. When looking for the aftermarket gooseneck addition kits I am finding many options. The first that comes up is the B&W Turnoverball kit. I also found the Curt OEM kit (with a removable ball and cap) and the DoubleLock EZR (but that one doesn't seem to have a matching rail kit for a 2019 Ford F250?). Then I came across the Draw Tite Hide-A-Goose kit which for all intents and purposes seems to be the same as the B&W just less money (buying B&W name?).

Does anyone have experience with any of these and their install? I plan to install myself since I am somewhat handy/capable and have a number of mechanic friends who said they'd help me (for a few beers and laughs of course). I'd really like some feedback on any of these four systems.

Thanks in advance for all of your feedback.
    If you're using the Anderson ultimate hitch, just make sure your 5th wheel trailer does not have a lippard 5th will hitch and frame in warranty. Lippard will not warranty the frame if you are using the Anderson ultimate hitch. They will only keep the frame in warranty if you use the lippert goose Box, which mounts to a bed mounted ball. I've had several conversations with lippard about the Anderson hitch and the few inches offset that it has they say adds to much torque to the goose neck area and frame welds. I personally have seen 2 trailers in repair facility's with cracked and broken welds in the 5th wheel overhang that are alongside the walls and the Down support prices going to the frame the biggest problem is you cannot see the welds cracking until everything is broken and the trailers pretty much totaled. Both times I asked the service department if it was covered under warranty and they said no. So if you're going with a trailer covered under warranty from lippard and you want to use the Anderson ultimate hitch, I would highly recommend talking it over and getting something in writing from lippard saying it will be covered.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2B1Ask1 View Post
    So, we recently purchased a 2019 Ford F250 that did not come with the factory Gooseneck/Fifth Wheel Package. We are looking to purchase a Fifth Wheel camper and I am pretty much dead set on using an Andersen Ultimate system to tow. Two primary reasons; the truck is a daily driver and we use the bed, and second we have many friends who have used both conventional fifth wheel and Andersen and all swear Andersen is a superior tow.

Now, on to the real question. When looking for the aftermarket gooseneck addition kits I am finding many options. The first that comes up is the B&W Turnoverball kit. I also found the Curt OEM kit (with a removable ball and cap) and the DoubleLock EZR (but that one doesn't seem to have a matching rail kit for a 2019 Ford F250?). Then I came across the Draw Tite Hide-A-Goose kit which for all intents and purposes seems to be the same as the B&W just less money (buying B&W name?).

Does anyone have experience with any of these and their install? I plan to install myself since I am somewhat handy/capable and have a number of mechanic friends who said they'd help me (for a few beers and laughs of course). I'd really like some feedback on any of these four systems.

Thanks in advance for all of your feedback.
    we purchased the Reese goosebox plus the Curt ball and hook system for the TV with prep package. The Curt is easy to install and remove, and comes with a nice storage box for carry. 3 mins tops to place the ball and hooks onto the truck. So far the pull experience has been very good.
    2018 Solitude 375RES
    Reese Goosebox
    2020 Ford F-450 Platinum
    Clarkston, MI

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    ...The most stomach turning time was perfectly drilling a 4" hole in the middle of the bed of my new truck.!! Measure twice, cut once. I measured about 10 times (following their perfect directions), looked at my son and said: Let's do this!
    Funny you should mention that... My late brother and I installed my Turnover ball in my '06 F250 6.0 diesel long-bed truck somewhere about 2014. I bought the appropriately-sized hole saw and measured several times and cut once. Never looked back. I LOVE my companion hitch and would never trade it...

One of my other brothers who does occasional woodworking was about to purchase a 42 foot 5er. Because I liked mine so much I talked him into buying a B & W Turnover Ball and Companion (he wanted the slider) for his brand new Sierra 2500 HD. He could save a few hundred $$ if he brought it to my place with a heated work area to install it with my help and tools because I had already installed one. I made him a deal that because he was scared to use a hole saw that large on his brand new truck that if he laid out the hole center >I< would cut/drill the hole where "X" marks the spot. He measured the location several times using a tape measure and a 4-foot straight-edge and marked the spot!.

When the hole was being drilled I found that I was cutting into something that was not supposed to be there. We discovered that my brother marked the hole center on the wrong side of the straight-edge!!!

3 hours and $200 later the hole was welded shut (by a weld local shop, and very nicely I might add). 3 hours after that the Turnover ball was mounted into the 'second hole I drilled into his brand new truck the Turnover ball was installed and ready for use. He didn't tell his wife about the mishap until he got home and then had to pay Rhino-Guard to fix the repair spot.

It was only then that he admitted that this was not the first time he had marked a cut location on the wrong side of the straight-edge!!! Is anyone else having this much fun?
    Last edited by fez111; 07-19-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123