User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    They should just close it for the rest of the year instead of extending it every month. A majority of Canadians agree with this.
    I agree. I can't see any real reason for optimism right now. The next trigger will be in August when the kids go back to school. I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but TX is setting itself up for another bloom in cases by forcing districts to offer 100% in-class instruction. The Texas Education Agency has also developed rules for contact tracing that virtually guarantee nobody will be notified or quarantined if a student or staff member develops CV19 (notify only those within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more while not wearing a mask). I understand the motivation for offering 100% in-class instruction, but unless community spread drops dramatically between now and mid-August, I don't think this will work for more than 90 days. Cases will bloom, teachers will walk-out, and we'll have 100% virtual instruction again. We could avoid the bloom in cases if we just started with 100% virtual instruction and moved to in-class instruction once community spread was really under control. No matter how much you want to, you simply can't bend nature to suit your own timeline or needs. We are still struggling with that concept here.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    They should just close it for the rest of the year instead of extending it every month. A majority of Canadians agree with this.
    If you look at the history of the 1918 virus, it took about 5 or 6 years for things to clear up. I hope we could have an effective vaccine before that long, though.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    If you look at the history of the 1918 virus, it took about 5 or 6 years for things to clear up. I hope we could have an effective vaccine before that long, though.
    Yes, Lets cross our fingers and say a prayer it does happen. To our Canadian friends posting above it's interesting to hear a perspective from someone outside the US. I speak frequently to friends in Ireland and Netherlands and I'm aghast at the perceptions they tell me persons in their countries have.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-10-2020 at 05:50 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Actually both Canada and the US have closed the border to non-essential travel to avoid spreading of the COVID-19 virus. Have heard that with the significant growth in cases in the US being so high that the Canadian government may work to keep the border closed for quite some time.

Rob
    It was announced either this morning or last night that the border is closed to us Americans thru the end of August and that may be extended depending on our inability to follow health guidelines..mask, social distance and hand washing. Even the Mexico border is closed to Americans. We did it to ourselves...sorry to say.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without the snowbirds coming down this winter, I wonder how much will that affect the Florida economy? I know that the US cities near the BC/Washington border, such as Bellingham, Blaine, etc, can get hit hard during these times as alot of their business are Canadians cross-border shopping.
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    It was announced either this morning or last night that the border is closed to us Americans thru the end of August and that may be extended depending on our inability to follow health guidelines..mask, social distance and hand washing. Even the Mexico border is closed to Americans. We did it to ourselves...sorry to say.
    Yes closure has been extended to August 21st but I do expect it to be extended again until the cases of COVID in the US come down. We have been in isolation for 4 months now in most of Canada and just starting to open up in the last number of weeks since our daily cases have really dropped. Everyone is concerned that opening the border would cause our cases to skyrocket and essentially make the last 4 months of sacrifice meaningless. Based on what we are hearing the border likely won't open until the New Year at the earliest.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I were thinking the same thing. Unfortunately New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the rest of the martimes here have their own little bubble for residence and even us from Ontario aren't allowed and get turned back. And we don't even need to deal with the closed Canada/US border. Will now need to do the Gaspe Peninsula instead in the next couple of weeks. Hear it's really nice so we will go and see as long as we can make some bookings this late.

Rob
    Oh you will love it. We did it 2 summers ago in a rented RV. Which is why we are now owners. LOL got hooked instantly. I suggest taking the long way around. Follow the coast line along hwy 132. The lower St-Laurence is also really nice.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Yes, Lets cross our fingers and say a prayer it does happen. To our Canadian friends posting above it's interesting to hear a perspective from someone outside the US. I speak frequently to friends in Ireland and Netherlands and I'm aghast at the perceptions they tell me persons in their countries have.
    At first I thought it was bad up here with everything closing until you guys started to really spike. We hear our numbers on the news every day and then yours. Boy my thoughts are with you folks. These are really troubling times.
    Hopefully someone will come up with a successful vaccine sooner rather then later for everyone's sake.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Oh you will love it. We did it 2 summers ago in a rented RV. Which is why we are now owners. LOL got hooked instantly. I suggest taking the long way around. Follow the coast line along hwy 132. The lower St-Laurence is also really nice.
    Thanks for the advice. That is the route I was thinking of taking. Any suggestions on campgrounds to stay at or to avoid?

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. That is the route I was thinking of taking. Any suggestions on campgrounds to stay at or to avoid?

Rob
    We didn't sleep at one that we would avoid but when I go back here is where we will be spending more time. We like nature and hiking (easy walks).... We had stopped at the Walmart Inn in Rimouski but the next day we discovered that you can boondock at " Maritime Point" where they have the submarine museum. Right on the peer. I would also like to spend a couple of days in the Le Bic National Park. Nice trails and Camp ground. Percé is another place I would spend a couple of days. And Forillion Park. There also all the little villages along the way. I recommend doing it clockwise. Here's a helpful web-site that we had found. https://www.quebecmaritime.ca/en/roa...-gaspesie-tour
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast