User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Thanks for the advice. That is the route I was thinking of taking. Any suggestions on campgrounds to stay at or to avoid?

Rob
    Here's an email that I had sent to a friend that was asking the same question.
    We like National parks. Hiking, biking and kayaking but no longer the hard (expert) trails. Just the nice and easy ones. Flat trails is what the wife likes now for slow and easy walks and biking.
    We stopped for the night in Rimouski because we did the Bic National Park just before. We should of slept at the park instead. Definitely going back to that one for a couple of days of hiking and kayaking. Breath taking.
    Matane are known for their small mini shrimps. And Quebec are now known for their Micro Brewery beers. The village of Trois-Pistoles and Gaspe have good ones.
    In Cap-Chat you can visit the Huge Wind Turbines. We just stumble onto that activity while driving. You actually get the walk up to them and touch it and climb inside one.
    Park Forillon is another great Park.
    Then there’s the small village of Gaspé. We didn’t stop there but next time we’ll make a pit stop there.
    Then there’s Percé. Wow, take the boat excursion that bring you around both islands. We should (next time) have slept there and taken an extra day. If you like nature walking, take the morning boat to the islands and get off on Bonaventure for as many hours as you like to walk. The boat comes every hour. There’s small shops in the village that wives usually like and a Micro Brewery for the boys. Lots of great small restaurants to choose from. Going back there also. 
    We slept at Pabos Mills, nice beaches if you like that kind of stuff. Should have slept at Percé instead but Pabos Mills was nice also.
    When you get to Matapédia, I think you can cut back to come back. And that’s the Gaspésie Peninsula.
    The driving view is so nice. Stay on highway 132 and you’ll stay besides the shore.

Here's another good website. oh, and if you like seafood, you will really love the maritime. so fresh.
    https://www.quebecmaritime.ca/en/roa...-gaspesie-tour
    Let me know how your trip goes.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Here's an email that I had sent to a friend that was asking the same question.
    We like National parks. Hiking, biking and kayaking but no longer the hard (expert) trails. Just the nice and easy ones. Flat trails is what the wife likes now for slow and easy walks and biking.
    We stopped for the night in Rimouski because we did the Bic National Park just before. We should of slept at the park instead. Definitely going back to that one for a couple of days of hiking and kayaking. Breath taking.
    Matane are known for their small mini shrimps. And Quebec are now known for their Micro Brewery beers. The village of Trois-Pistoles and Gaspe have good ones.
    In Cap-Chat you can visit the Huge Wind Turbines. We just stumble onto that activity while driving. You actually get the walk up to them and touch it and climb inside one.
    Park Forillon is another great Park.
    Then there’s the small village of Gaspé. We didn’t stop there but next time we’ll make a pit stop there.
    Then there’s Percé. Wow, take the boat excursion that bring you around both islands. We should (next time) have slept there and taken an extra day. If you like nature walking, take the morning boat to the islands and get off on Bonaventure for as many hours as you like to walk. The boat comes every hour. There’s small shops in the village that wives usually like and a Micro Brewery for the boys. Lots of great small restaurants to choose from. Going back there also. 
    We slept at Pabos Mills, nice beaches if you like that kind of stuff. Should have slept at Percé instead but Pabos Mills was nice also.
    When you get to Matapédia, I think you can cut back to come back. And that’s the Gaspésie Peninsula.
    The driving view is so nice. Stay on highway 132 and you’ll stay besides the shore.

Here's another good website. oh, and if you like seafood, you will really love the maritime. so fresh.
    https://www.quebecmaritime.ca/en/roa...-gaspesie-tour
    Let me know how your trip goes.
    Thanks for the great information. Will make the planning so much easier. I will let you know how the trip went.

Thanks again,
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This fall we were going to go to NB, NS and PEI to visit our snow-bird neighbor who has a house on PEI. It isn't looking like that is going to happen now. Not only because of the whole boarder crossing limit but I think a few states in the US are a bit goofy about us folks from FL (can't say I blame them).

I'll guess the boarders will re-open in time for the great influx of our northern territory residents - oh - I mean neighbors (just kidding - a bit of humor helps through the days lately). Anyhow - I think we'll see a lot of snow-birds as usual.

Since I will likely miss the Maritime Provinces this year I'm working on a trip for next year that should take us into the western Provinces. At least BC, and AB.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    This fall we were going to go to NB, NS and PEI to visit our snow-bird neighbor who has a house on PEI. It isn't looking like that is going to happen now. Not only because of the whole boarder crossing limit but I think a few states in the US are a bit goofy about us folks from FL (can't say I blame them).

I'll guess the boarders will re-open in time for the great influx of our northern territory residents - oh - I mean neighbors (just kidding - a bit of humor helps through the days lately). Anyhow - I think we'll see a lot of snow-birds as usual.

Since I will likely miss the Maritime Provinces this year I'm working on a trip for next year that should take us into the western Provinces. At least BC, and AB.
    It's too bad for your planned trip. But your next trip out west will be a real nice one.
    We were planning on heading down to Florida in March but as we stand I'm no longer sure.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    At first I thought it was bad up here with everything closing until you guys started to really spike. We hear our numbers on the news every day and then yours. Boy my thoughts are with you folks. These are really troubling times.
    Hopefully someone will come up with a successful vaccine sooner rather then later for everyone's sake.
    I hope so too. but I don't know if I want to be first in line until all the long term side effects of the vaccine are known. I don't want the cure to be worse than the problem it was trying to fix.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123