User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Floridians may be able to find a camping spot this fall/winter

The Government of Canada has put in place an emergency order under the Quarantine Act. It applies to all travellers arriving in Canada. Its purpose is to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Canada. Failure to comply with this order is an offence under the Quarantine Act. Also,
    To limit the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Canada advises that you avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice.

Now if we could just get them to cancel their reservations so we could get our name on some campsites.....
    Last edited by BigSwick; 07-04-2020 at 10:09 AM.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    The Government of Canada has put in place an emergency order under the Quarantine Act. It applies to all travellers arriving in Canada. Its purpose is to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Canada. Failure to comply with this order is an offence under the Quarantine Act. Also,
    To limit the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Canada advises that you avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice.

Now if we could just get them to cancel their reservations so we could get our name on some campsites.....
    Actually both Canada and the US have closed the border to non-essential travel to avoid spreading of the COVID-19 virus. Have heard that with the significant growth in cases in the US being so high that the Canadian government may work to keep the border closed for quite some time.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Actually both Canada and the US have closed the border to non-essential travel to avoid spreading of the COVID-19 virus. Have heard that with the significant growth in cases in the US being so high that the Canadian government may work to keep the border closed for quite some time.

Rob
    That would make sense given the situation down here. This isn't exactly our "finest hour."
    Last edited by backtrack2015; 07-04-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post

You'll just have to deal with us snow birds then.
    Rethinking that, after what I saw last winter and the responses since I'll take a pass. Unless of course there is a vaccine made available.
    Canada now would be ideal. A trip to Brunswick or Nova Scotia is just what the doctor should order.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-04-2020 at 01:04 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    You'll just have to deal with us snow birds then.
    Rethinking that, after what I saw last winter and the responses since I'll take a pass. Unless of course there is a vaccine made available.
    Canada now would be ideal. A trip to Brunswick or Nova Scotia is just what the doctor should order.
    My wife and I were thinking the same thing. Unfortunately New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the rest of the martimes here have their own little bubble for residence and even us from Ontario aren't allowed and get turned back. And we don't even need to deal with the closed Canada/US border. Will now need to do the Gaspe Peninsula instead in the next couple of weeks. Hear it's really nice so we will go and see as long as we can make some bookings this late.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I were thinking the same thing. Unfortunately New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the rest of the martimes here have their own little bubble for residence and even us from Ontario aren't allowed and get turned back. And we don't even need to deal with the closed Canada/US border. Will now need to do the Gaspe Peninsula instead in the next couple of weeks. Hear it's really nice so we will go and see as long as we can make some bookings this late.

Rob
    I looked for that and it seems Gaspe' is just north of New Brunswick. It looks like a nice remote part of the world to visit, I hope it works out. BTW...I'll be jealous.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I looked for that and it seems Gaspe' is just north of New Brunswick. It looks like a nice remote part of the world to visit, I hope it works out. BTW...I'll be jealous.
    Thanks. We hope so too. Last minute decision as I got early retirement a week ago so hopefully we can book campgrounds for the trip.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the border remains closed we'll miss seeing the Canadian friends we have made in the park. Many have the site on yearly basis and or have a park model, quite a chunk of change to spend to sit empty. Wonder if that came to be if any would turn to Air B&B to recoup the loss.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    They should just close it for the rest of the year instead of extending it every month. A majority of Canadians agree with this.
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    They should just close it for the rest of the year instead of extending it every month. A majority of Canadians agree with this.
    Considering that the number of cases in the US continue to set records each day, I agree with you. Perception will not allow that to happen though.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast