User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I’m adding mine tomorrow and will be adding an inline fuse holder as well.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 days into a 3 week outing 1,000 miles from home my board or inline 5amp fuse started blowing, never had any problems before. Of course there was no warranty places around to take it in for several weeks to look at it. so I had to trouble shoot myself with a few people from the local RV places around giving helpful information for me on what to look for as well as the internet. I isolated the fan, tested the thermistor, checked the ohm's on the heating elements, bypassed the limit switch ', bypassed the door heater and was still blowing the 5 amp fuse. It looked like the mother board was bad. when I got back I took it to the RV center and they said it was the thermal cut off that was part of a recall for my model (2118X) Has anybody heard of this and why wasn't I notified of the recall? thanks beforehand for any info. ): seems my Signature is not updating but this is on a 2020FR Georgertown 34M
    Last edited by Mister B; 10-11-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    2018 GD Reflection 297RSTS
    2013 F150 https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...-counting.html
    2017 Jeep Grande Cherokee

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
    4 days into a 3 week outing 1,000 miles from home my board or inline 5amp fuse started blowing, never had any problems before. Of course there was no warranty places around to take it in for several weeks to look at it. so I had to trouble shoot myself with a few people from the local RV places around giving helpful information for me on what to look for as well as the internet. I isolated the fan, tested the thermistor, checked the ohm's on the heating elements, bypassed the limit switch ', bypassed the door heater and was still blowing the 5 amp fuse. It looked like the mother board was bad. when I got back I took it to the RV center and they said it was the thermal cut off that was part of a recall for my model (2118X) Has anybody heard of this and why wasn't I notified of the recall? thanks beforehand for any info. ): seems my Signature is not updating but this is on a 2020FR Georgertown 34M
    I don't know of a recall on the Polarmax units. However, you won't be notified unless you registered your unit with Norcold by way of the warranty registration card.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123