Took the plunge last week and finally installed the solar panels, controller, etc. I bought 2x BougeRV 170W panels, BougeRV entry gland, Victron SmartSolar 100/20 charge controller, MC4 connectors, 25' of red & black 10AWG solar cable, etc.

Test fitted the panels and gland, to make sure they didn't interfer with anything already on the roof. Want to make sure there's lot of room around the vent for when I finally replace it with a MaxxFan Deluxe. Also, need room to be able to walk around the roof:

Took the plunge and drilled the hole:

Fished the wires through the "attic" from the hole to the front cabinet over the bed:

There's about a 1/2" gap betweent the cabinet front and the ceiling inside the cabinet. I was able to run the fish tape through there to the vent, which allowed me to pull both wires through the attic into the cabinet:

From there I fished the wires through that gap from the centre cabinet to the passenger side cabinet, so that the wires would run along the wall into the storage bay below:

Drilled a hole into the drawer compartment, and another in line into the storage bay. Made sure to leave clearance for operation of the drawer itself:

Ran the wire to a 40Amp circuit breaker, then to the Victron charge controller. These pics are now out of date, I've upgraded the wires from the controller to the distribution panel to 10AWG:

to be continued...