User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post MaxxFan Deluxe install on 2020 2400BHS

Upgraded the vent in our bathroom to a MaxxFan Deluxe 5100K, which I bought for cheap on Craigslist. I prefer the Smoke lid, but beggars can't be choosers. The original owner bought it for a van conversion, but forgot to take into consideration the extra space required for this fan, and it didn't end up fitting on his roof.

Anyways, first step is to remove the existing sealant. I used plastic putty knives, and basically cut an edge between the existing sealant on the roof and the edge of the metal frame, also exposing the screws:

Trailer is less than a year old, and the Dicor is still quite soft and sticky. Took almost an hour to get everything off, including the black sealant used under the metal frame. I left a ridge of the existing sealant behind, as it was still in good shape, to use as a wall to contain the new lap sealant from spreading too far. This pic was mid process. It got too dark to continue that night, and when I resumed the next day, I forgot to take more pics of the process as rain was forecast for that evening so I wanted to get everything done ASAP:

Fan is now installed and sealed, and works great. I used the existing wiring from the tiny fan that was previously in that vent. We can now leave the vent open at all times to air out the bathroom and trailer, and not worry about rain any more, cause in case you haven't heard yet, we do get a few days of rain in the Vancouver area.

thanks for reading, and keep your stick on the ice!
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great!
    I just did the same thing except for smoke color. Much better than the original noisy fan. I think this will actually pull air through the open windows.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice upgrade!

I installed the same fan (in Smoke) on a previous trailer and want to do so in the bedroom of our 2400BH. We find the bathroom fan works pretty well (surprisingly) and the kitchen fan doesn't get used very often - but the bedroom has no fan at all. There are plenty of nights when we don't really need the A/C but pulling in fresh air from the bedroom windows would be wonderful.

Was able to find smoke-colored MaxxAir II vent covers for the kitchen and bathroom so we leave those vents open all the time to keep the trailer cool while in storage, when running down the highway and at the campground with no worries of rain getting in.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch