User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I will never know what it is to manually level the Momentum....We love it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AL and Holly
    355TH Momentum, #00811, 2014
    GMC Sierra, 3500HD, SRW, Diesel 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling Piper View Post
    Down here in the sunny, humid south, things can get hot really fast when setting up in 100 degree weather. The quicker we can get inside to the cool air, cold beverage and relax- the happier campers we are. Summers here are best spent in the water, on the water, or in the AC. Evenings and mornings are a bit more tolerable. We vote for the auto levelers.
    I can't agree more with this statement. That was on of the other things I didn't like about manual leveling....Sweating my butt off while making and breaking camp. Now it's so much easier to get to a site, drop the front legs, unhitch the unit, pull the truck out and walk over to the control panel, push one button and let it do its thing while I finish connecting the water, electrical and sewer line and then I'm off to relaxation.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, it would be a nicety to have, but it looks like most everyone missed the big question of whether it's an available option on a Reflection product while it's being built. The answer is NO. Grand Design does not offer this option. Now maybe it could be purchased and added as an aftermarket option when the coach is delivered.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce & Terry View Post
    My brother is reccommending having our new, still under construction Reflections 29RS equipped with the auto levelers. Is it an option for this rig, and if so what additional cost would we be looking at?

He has them on his toy hauler and swears by them!

I agree with TucsonJim, I sent an email a few weeks ago to GD about the same thing and here is the answer I received;

"Good morning and thanks for your e-mail. At this time auto-leveling jacks are not an option in the Reflection line. I have heard that there are some aftermarket auto-leveling systems that some customers have used, but I would advise you to check with your local dealer for more on that topic."

Hope this helps.

njoyinglife
    I am one of those who would not own another camper (GD brand only) without the six point leveling system. We full time and love the convenience of setting up with this system. When thinking of retirement and going full time we purchased a Silverback 5th wheel. After seeing other rigs with the six point system I started looking at new rigs with it on. When I toured a Solitude 369RL I knew that was the rig for us. Going on our second year of full timing and love it. I did contact Lippert Industires and they said they could install the six point system on the Silverback. I might have considered that until I saw the 369RL. Just had so much more to offer since we live in it. I don't have the number in front of me but you could look up online and call them to get the details of whether it can be installed on the Reflection and cost. The location of the Lippert Manufacturing Company was in Booneville, MO and we were going to be in the area if we chose to install on the Silverback.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a number of systems that can be retrofitted to the Reflection trailers. Lippert has their 4 or 6 head hydraulic jack system operated by a large hydraulic pump. They also bought a company that has electric motor powered lifts instead of hydraulics that appear easier to install--and faster lifting. There is also a company putting out a system with mini-hydraulic pumps on each hydraulic lab. Some level automatically. One is operated manually with a remote control. They all appear to do the job.

Cost of such systems are often $4K to $6K--not including labor. If you're in the Northern Indiana area, some manufacturers will install them at their facilities. Most any good RV dealership can add a lift.

For Reflection trailers, or other mid size units, 4 point lifts may be sufficient--not including a rear stablizer. Full size units might be better with 6 point lifts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my 2 cents. We started with a pop up 20 years ago and loved the entire “set up” experience---all part of camping. We swore that was the good life and shook our heads at all the “that aint camping” folks and those luxury units. Well--- 20 some odd years later, two travel trailers and now our new Solitude 305RE----there isn’t anything better than PUSHING that auto level button and popping a cold one---now that’s camping
    Gary and Jo
    Corona Ca
    2014 Solitude 305RE (Odyssey)
    2014 Ford F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 - 6.7 Diesel (Apollo)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it's just so much work getting out the folding recliners to sit in outside. And hooking up the cable tv also is so much work. Worst part is holding the switches to open all four sliders--my finger gets sore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Bamaman this retired life is rough, but someone has to do it.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bamaman. You forgot about the push button awning. And one time, I lost the TV remote. I actually had to manually change the channel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast