Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto leveling....worth it?

My brother is reccommending having our new, still under construction Reflections 29RS equipped with the auto levelers. Is it an option for this rig, and if so what additional cost would we be looking at?

He has them on his toy hauler and swears by them!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Auto leveling is not an option for the Reflection line. You can see the available options in the bottom right corner of this page:

http://www.granddesignrv.com/reflection-TT-features.php

It takes me just a couple of minutes during set up to level the rig manually. It's not a big deal at all.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have it on our 320xsolitude and love it. real easy and quick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it. One button leveling
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Steve and Lynne
    We agree with you Jim! Most of the time we need 1 or 2 planks under the wheels on the low side to correct side-to-side unlevel, then unhitch to do the front-to-rear. We have six 8" by 8" timbers, 8", 10" and 12" in length to minimize how far the level legs are extended. However, we are considering Steadyfast or Strongarm stabilizers and would welcome opinions from you and others! Appreciate you, Jim!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Like so many things I think the folks who have them love and defend them and the folks that don't tend to defend not having them. I could care less myself. Getting my trailer level is part of "my" fun and really only takes a few minutes. I'm sure if they were around back in the day when we had to hand crank everything and use giant 4x4 or 6x6 wood blocks I'd jump at an automated system but between the plastic lego like blocks and the all electric front and rear stabilizers, I personally don't want the added weight and just another item that can break down. With my big bubble level on the PIN box I know as soon as we pull in to our site if I need to do any side to side leveling and if so, how many plastic blocks I need. It's just too easy anymore. After that is done the lowering of the electric stabilizers doesn't take any longer then the auto levelers do. I guess I do have to stand there and push a button though

My buddy just had a 6 point Lippert system installed on his Montana High Country at Quartzite and it cost him $4,500. Now he loves them but I could think of a whole lot of other ways to spend $4,500. If someone gifted me an installed set I'm sure I would be saying how much I love them but that ain't happening Or is it?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any fifth wheel owners that travel extensively in their trailer would benefit from a set of auto leveling pads. Or someone that generally camps in hilly country.

We put in at Gatlinburg in August, and the campground was on a hillside. Despite using blocks, we were still walking downhill. We chould have used them.

Our trailer stays in a great campground most of the time, and their 300 campsites are very level. It wouldn't be good money spent for me unless I decided do do more touring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two cents is this, I had the camper with the electric scissor jacks back and front. I stayed at a lot of unlevel campsites and once it took both sets of Camco stack blocks (10 each set) to level my camper left to right in a campsite just outside of San Antonio. While it worked, it sure made me nervous as I worried all weekend about rolling off that stack. There was a 5th Wheel parked next to us, but they were on the 6-point. It lifted the street side off the ground, but was supported by those jacks. Now, it wasn't to troublesome to setup my trailer because I knew I had to be .5% off to the street side that way when my slides came out it would level and the tongue jack leveled from front to back and then I would put the stabilizer jacks down.

This go around when I was looking at the toy haulers I wanted the auto level. I saw a camper use it one time when they were setting up and I was sold. It's worth it to me, because the hydraulic system levels and stabilizes at the same time, which saves me time to enjoy camping more.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We dry camp 85% of the time. Never hardly on level ground. Only time auto level would be nice is when it's wet or rainy out. Nothing worse than having to stand outside and dink around with wood levelers in the rain. For the 2-3 times a year in the rain vs $4-6000.00 for after market level kits. I think I'll pass. If it was standard or a $2500 option then I'd go for it.

As a side not. Andersen levelers look like a slick idea if you have the tire clearance. Probably about as fast as auto level. Or at least maybe a few mins longer. Really who's counting anyway.

Traveling Piper
    Down here in the sunny, humid south, things can get hot really fast when setting up in 100 degree weather. The quicker we can get inside to the cool air, cold beverage and relax- the happier campers we are. Summers here are best spent in the water, on the water, or in the AC. Evenings and mornings are a bit more tolerable. We vote for the auto levelers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast