Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Solitude S-Class 3740BH outdoor “fridge”

The outdoor “fridge”/cooler is real weak. Has anyone replaced theirs with a better one? I have it turned up and it barely keeps my items chilled. Thank You.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauilono View Post
    The outdoor “fridge”/cooler is real weak. Has anyone replaced theirs with a better one? I have it turned up and it barely keeps my items chilled. Thank You.
    Guess we have been lucky so far. Our outdoor fridge keeps things nice and cold. I would complain to your dealer and have it replaced.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our last rig had the outdoor fridge, this one is the “cooler” with a glass door that you can see everything in it. Do you have the same one?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauilono View Post
    Our last rig had the outdoor fridge, this one is the “cooler” with a glass door that you can see everything in it. Do you have the same one?
    No ours is the standard solid door outdoor fridge. I would still talk to the dealer about it but it could be cheap, uninsulated glass front that could be the problem.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob, I’ll bring it up Monday when I drop it off to get the main fridge repaired, that died on me last weekend! The 12V DC fuse keeps blowing behind the fridge, all points to the upper fin cooling fans.....the fun never stops with this thing. David

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem. Put a thermometer in it wont cool below 65 degrees. Had it at the dealer for other issues within a week of purchasing this fifth wheel and received a call Friday that Grand Design refuses to replace the unit. Their claim is that it is a wine chiller and not a refrigerator and may only chill to 45 degrees. I am not sure how this is an excuse for not going below 65 degrees but I guess at this point its probably easier to just go to Best Buy and buy a new one.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer to hear that, guess I’ll be doing the same thing. Have you found one that fits? I better go measure first. I’ll just keep this one stored until I trade in down the road.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I am going with the Insignia 2.6, I would like a little bigger but I am afraid that with the 3.1 and 3.3 fridges they may be too high for the door to clear.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya. I miss my last trailer’s outdoor fridge, it was a 3.2, tall with a freezer. Thanks for the info.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My glass door one barely chilled anything last year. After the winter of reflecting on its own poor performance... it appears self preservation kicked in and it’s working quite good now. Nothing changed but the new camping season. Was thinking of changing it... but since it’s acting nice I’ll leave it. I did reverse the door last year too.
    Trailer: 2019 Solitude S-Class 3740BH
    Old trailer: 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 27DBHS (Sold)
    Old trailer: 2010 Heartland Sundance 3300RLB (always leaked, then rotted! Layout was good, but build was junk.)
    Old trailer: 1992 Prowler 5th 27.5N

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie Aisin
    Old truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie 68RFE
    Old truck: 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins QuadCab 4x4 SRW Laramie 6spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast