User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lube Schwintek Slide on 2018 2150RB

Hello all,
    Love my 2150. Had a slide issue, making noise and hanging on one side however syncing the motors worked like a charm. No noise and ran out fine. I've watched the videos of how to lube the slide on a different model. Looks like I need to run the slide out until about a foot remains then access the flap where the bearing block resides, or do I go in at the top outside? It's pretty tight on both sides inside. Thought I'd ask the gurus here first though. thanks - Jeff
    Last edited by jk5443; 07-04-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I certainly don't fit the "guru" label, but I did lube my slide a month ago for what it's worth...

I have a 2400BH so not sure if access inside would be different than your trailer, but I found it difficult to get to the bearing block from the inside on the rear seal and impossible on the front seal. As you mentioned, I opened the slide till about a foot remained inside and then I got up on a ladder outside, pulled the seal back till I could get to the block, then sprayed the dry lube into the top and bottom of the block. It certainly seemed plenty of lube got to the bearings doing everything from the outside and the slight squeaking I had disappeared. Hope that helps you a bit.

For what it's worth, I used the CRC Power Lube dry lube Schwintek/Lippert recommends to avoid attracting dirt to the lubricated parts and keep grease stains off the side of the slide. Don't know if you've seen this video from Lippert but it tells the story briefly and well. The slide they're working on is in a Class A motorhome but the concept is the same.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The above video pretty clearly indicates where to lube and what kind of lube to use. You can do lube the key points illustrated on the outside with the slides all the way out. There are those same points on the inside but in 3-RV's I have had with at least one Schwintek slide, it has been next to impossible to access the lube points on the inside because of location relative to walls etc. so I have had to do without lubing the interior section.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hello all,
    Love my 2150. Had a slide issue, making noise and hanging on one side however syncing the motors worked like a charm. No noise and ran out fine. I've watched the videos of how to lube the slide on a different model. Looks like I need to run the slide out until about a foot remains then access the flap where the bearing block resides, or do I go in at the top outside? It's pretty tight on both sides inside. Thought I'd ask the gurus here first though. thanks - Jeff
    We have followed the video instructions each year-from the outside. We’ve never had a problem with our slide. No unusual noises. Never out of sync. It is impossible to get a shot from the inside on our model (and apparently others, too).
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the replies everyone! I cleaned the tracks and lubed it from the outside. Ran it back in and out, no noise or hangups.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    thanks for the replies everyone! I cleaned the tracks and lubed it from the outside. Ran it back in and out, no noise or hangups.
    Thank you for posting this thread. First Schwintek slide for us and I’ve been meaning to do this as a maintenance item to check off of my list. I have the dry lube, just needed a little reminder!
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid