User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD is replacing the roof They stand by thier product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My roof is flat with no wrinkles, air pockets or twisting. I do not see a good future with yours, I would request the dealer to make it right and get a GD rep involved before bigger problems come about. IMO.
    Todd & Helona and Chloe the dog (-:
    2019 Ford F450 4x4 DRW Custom
    2020 Grand Design 381M
    US ARMY Combat Vet (101st Airborne!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frit1981 View Post
    Just got home with a new Transcend 28MKS. I went atop the roof and immediately noticed that the roof membrane has a lot of wrinkles with air bubbles all over on it. The salesperson said that is normal for a PVC roof membrane because it is not rubber or TPO. Can anyone tell me is it is normal or a defect on installation from the factory? See pictures.
    I would post your issue on the Facebook Grand Design Owners Group page. Grand Design has 2 representatives that monitor most of the Grand Design Facebook groups and one of them will respond (Emily or Meagan). There have been a lot post "roof" postings lately.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Transcend 2150's roof is flat. BTW, this may be a good time to have a better fan(s) installed.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In February 2019 we bought an Imagine XLS 22RBE. When we got home from the dealer about 270 miles away I noticed folds in the roof like this. I took pictures and sent them to the dealer (Lazy Days Tucson). No response. Contacted the dealer manager and was told a ticket had been put in with GD. Weeks later after hearing nothing, I finally contacted GD customer service. The person at GD told me no ticket had ever been submitted and to send him the pictures. A couple days later he emails me and says he sees no problem with the roof. I will forward this thread to the person at GD.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frit1981 View Post
    Just got home with a new Transcend 28MKS. I went atop the roof and immediately noticed that the roof membrane has a lot of wrinkles with air bubbles all over on it. The salesperson said that is normal for a PVC roof membrane because it is not rubber or TPO. Can anyone tell me is it is normal or a defect on installation from the factory? See pictures.
    Take it back to the dealer and get a new roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	721B6AFE-D5AE-4385-AD66-A0D33247D19D.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	28294The same issue with my new 295RL. The roof isn’t seated/ glued properly. GD is replacing the membrane etc under warranty. My local dealer has already received new product to replace it with.
    Last edited by ffkell; 07-24-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t open the picture, just has the attachment icon but no link. I have a new reflection 311Bhs and it also has a lot of wrinkles in the roof. Thought it was normal but I’m concerned now.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougpb80 View Post
    I can’t open the picture, just has the attachment icon but no link. I have a new reflection 311Bhs and it also has a lot of wrinkles in the roof. Thought it was normal but I’m concerned now.
    Should not have wrinkles. Definitely should not have “a lot of wrinkles.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is only one area, I also have a bubble running the length of the camper along roof line. Contact you dealer for warranty work and start a claim with GD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast