User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brand new Transcend 28mks PVC roof has lots of wrinkles (see pics) Is this normal?

Just got home with a new Transcend 28MKS. I went atop the roof and immediately noticed that the roof membrane has a lot of wrinkles with air bubbles all over on it. The salesperson said that is normal for a PVC roof membrane because it is not rubber or TPO. Can anyone tell me is it is normal or a defect on installation from the factory? See pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roof overview.jpg   multiple air pockets.jpg   Closeup.jpg  

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone even read these things?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does not look normal to me, but I'm sort of "newish" to RVing. We own a 2019 Transcend 26 RLS (our first) and our roof is very flat with no bubbles or wrinkles.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Frit1981 That doesnt look normal. I would contact your dealer right away. Something isn't right
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx for responding, already contacted the dealer where I purchased. The salesperson said he thought it was normal but he was going to ask service and see if I needed to bring it in. I plan to bring it in regardless.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    That does not look normal to me, but I'm sort of "newish" to RVing. We own a 2019 Transcend 26 RLS (our first) and our roof is very flat with no bubbles or wrinkles.
    Thanks for the response. Can you or would you please send me a picture of your roof?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frit1981 View Post
    Just got home with a new Transcend 28MKS. I went atop the roof and immediately noticed that the roof membrane has a lot of wrinkles with air bubbles all over on it. The salesperson said that is normal for a PVC roof membrane because it is not rubber or TPO. Can anyone tell me is it is normal or a defect on installation from the factory? See pictures.
    I don't think this looks normal. My camper roof looks pretty tight with no bubbles. An RV service tech would be able to provide better guidance. Maybe @huntr70 will respond.

If it turns out to be an issue, it should have been identified in the pre-delivery walkthrough and resolved before you took it off the lot. Unfortunately, it may be harder to fix now. Work with your service department, reach out to Grand Design if needed, and as a last resort, consider using Good Sam RV Resolutions. Hopefully Grand Design will live up to their great reputation for service.
    2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
    2010 Ram 2500
    Blog About Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the e-man View Post
    I don't think this looks normal. My camper roof looks pretty tight with no bubbles. An RV service tech would be able to provide better guidance. Maybe @huntr70 will respond.

If it turns out to be an issue, it should have been identified in the pre-delivery walkthrough and resolved before you took it off the lot. Unfortunately, it may be harder to fix now. Work with your service department, reach out to Grand Design if needed, and as a last resort, consider using Good Sam RV Resolutions. Hopefully Grand Design will live up to their great reputation for service.
    I said the same thing, but they do NOT bring on top of the roof during the walkthrough prior to departing the dealership. What I learned is this: You have to do your own inspection of the RV before taking ownership even if it means to bring you own inspector (because you may not know what to look for) because once you take ownership of the RV and go home, it becomes totally YOUR RV and from the manufacturer's position, it becomes warranty claim and repair time on your brand new (never used yet) RV instead of EXCHANGE.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is unfortunate. My roof is flat with no bubbles, Xplor 221RB. You might try contracting and sending pictures to the roof membrane manufacturer LaSalle Bristol and see if they will provide an opinion. May just be a cosmetic issue and function just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The roof is not glued down properly. I have a 265bh and it's all flat and smooth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast