User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th wheel support

i just purchased a new 240RL and had, on the suggestion of the dealer, lifted 2 inches for more ground clearance since we boondock out in the toolies and need the clearance. I noticed that when we are landed it tends to wobble a little more and can feel every footstep by the wife. I heard that using a tongue support it will help stabilize the entire 5er. Have you found them useful or not? What is your recommendations for a more stable experience?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sliptn View Post
    i just purchased a new 240RL and had, on the suggestion of the dealer, lifted 2 inches for more ground clearance since we boondock out in the toolies and need the clearance. I noticed that when we are landed it tends to wobble a little more and can feel every footstep by the wife. I heard that using a tongue support it will help stabilize the entire 5er. Have you found them useful or not? What is your recommendations for a more stable experience?
    We have one and think it does help. We took some advise from Rob and after it is set we will hit retract button a couple of times quickly
    What this does is to load that stand up a little bit. It's hard to do much with those little handles because of the weight.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try either the SteadyFast system or the JT Strongarms. They both take about 90% of the movement out of the trailer. They both stay permanently attached to 5th wheel so no need to haul out the tripod thing. It literally takes about 60 seconds to tighten the arms after you are level.

The install took me about 4 hours. Make sure you go to their website to verify you don't need something special for your front or rear landing feet.

I bought the Steadyfast system and I love how easy it is to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the SteadyFast system, had that on my previous FW and it made the camper almost rock steady. I use to use the tripod under the 5th wheel and yes it does help but after I installed the Steadyfast system I trashed the tripod.
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbledot View Post
    Look at the SteadyFast system, had that on my previous FW and it made the camper almost rock steady. I use to use the tripod under the 5th wheel and yes it does help but after I installed the Steadyfast system I trashed the tripod.
    Gobbledot,
    It looks like you have a Momentum. Does it have the self leveling hydraulic jack system? Do the Steadyjacks mount OK to the bottom or the jacks? How? And how many do you use? Any photos?

Thanks.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Gobbledot,
    It looks like you have a Momentum. Does it have the self leveling hydraulic jack system? Do the Steadyjacks mount OK to the bottom or the jacks? How? And how many do you use? Any photos?

Thanks.
    I do have the Momentum but don't need it on this unit, I had it on my previous Jayco and it rock n rolled when someone walked thru the unit. I did contact Steadtfast before I traded and asked if the model I had would fit the Momentum and the owner said yep they were the same so I removed them and kept em. If I was to put it back on I would connect it to the front two jacks and one of the rear jacks, not either of the middle ones because you would want to be behind the tires. I highly recommend them if you are looking for something to steady up a unit, the combo of the Steadyfast and X-Chocks are a awesome pair.
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your suggestions. As I looked into Steadyfast and JT Strongarm, Steadyfast is my choice. I will comment after it is installed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your suggestions. As I looked into Steadyfast and JT Strongarm, Steadyfast is my choice. I will comment after it is installed.
    One tip on the install - before you choose which pads your going to tie into double check the arms and where the locking handle will be. I didn't and had to move one due to conflict with an LP hose junction block. Us a bit of duct tape and mock it up before you drill. Remember the locking bar needs to extend through the lock when retracting the legs - double check the bar clearance.
    Hope this helps
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the Steadyfast system on my 28BH and it works great. I put a "Remove before Flight" safety flag on my leveling control panel as a reminder to loosen up all three clamps before I move anything. I purchased my own bolts and nuts as I did not use the self tapping bolts the kits cam with.
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another suggestion would be to get a couple extra bits before you start, that frame is hard .
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M