User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have a Yamaha ef2400is that would not quite start my 15 K a/c. I added an Easy Start and it works great. Yes, you need one on each a/c as it installs directly inside the a/c. I wouldn’t think you would need one on a 13K unit.
    Just as another vote for the MicroAir. I have not installed a MicroAir on my 2670mk yet as I have not purchased an inverter generator yet for it. However I do have their larger version EzStart installed on my home AC. With the EzStart I can start my 5 ton residential AC off of a 11200w start 9200w running Standby generator that is tapped in to the main panel. Without the easystart no chance of starting it/just tripped. Now I can start it with lights etc. and refrigerator on. They do work!
    South Florida Native...
    2020 Imagine 2670MK w/Recurve R6 1000lb hitch
    2021 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 SWB Duramax
    Previous TV: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 6.2l 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armand_c View Post
    So we finally got to take out our new 2021 Reflection 260RD out on our first camping trip. While camping at a national forest campground we decided to set up our two Honda EU2000 generators which I run in tandem. As soon as I flipped the switch to turn on the AC unit, the breaker on the AC unit popped. I reset again after I checked everything out and bam! same thing happened. I checked the breaker inn the panel and none of the breakers were popped and went outside and checked the generator. Unplugged the cord and reinstalled and had the kids turn on the AC unit and same thing happened. At this point, I realized that this wasn't going to work, so I gave up before I did something i would regret. Never had any problems using these two generators on our old trailer with a 13k BTU AC unit. This one has a 15k unit. We weren't running anything else except for the lights. Am i going to need a bigger generator to run the AC unit? The only thing I could think of is that I was using a 50 to 30 amp reducer to plug into the generators. This unit only has one AC unit by the way, not two. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks all
    What turned out to be the issue??
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234