User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Jthamilton

Picked up the new 323bhs

Sunday picked up the new 5th wheel. Kids loved it immediately. The bunk room is the cats meow for sure! The first night we pulled it to Lake Elsinore, Calif. everything went well and I hadn't forgot how fun it was to pull a large 5th wheel in several lanes of traffic in busy CA.

Didn't take long to realize a couple of short comings of the camper all of which you just have to adapt to.

1. Placement of the power and water hook ups. Kinda far away from our first hook up. The "free" bag from dealer that made the need for us to buy anything to utilize the camper were all to short by around 3-4 feet. Actually kinda of comical. So a new longer fresh water hose was our first purchase! Cable was not tried out there were no longer cables available. Power cord reached the power only after I attached the 30 amp converter. Black tank, well it was drained at our second stop. This after we made our elaborated drainage system using the "y" connector and about 80 feet of hose! (Little exaggeration). However this did require 2 stops at Camping World to get exactly what we wanted.

2. Backing the camper brought back some good memories! The wife is learning her job in helping and as far as I recall there wasn't a single curse word either out loud or under my breath. However our first night stay said our spot was for up to 40'. This must have included the tow vehicle length also as we definitely blocked the road when I got the ****** end to the rear boundary! I was very modest about my backing skills when we chose a second location, based on conversation with camp host. I put it right in the spot with absolutely no problems utilizing the empty spot across from our second choice camping spot! After putting her in park, a nice couple approached. I assumed to compliment me on my backing skills with such a new shiny camper! Then they let me know that I had just parked in their spot (again I was told by host just to pick one). No worries back to the original spot! I thought I have a high clearance vehicle and I could probably just drive the onto the lawn jumping the big curb to align the camper, after all the lawn only climbs 7-8 feet rather quickly. Shouldn't flex the 5th wheel hitch too much! Utilizing my skills from having cows and pulling a 5th wheel gooseneck 25 years ago (as a teenager) where all kinds of unnatural noises came from the axles I got her settled for the night!

3. Really enjoy my tow vehicle! Some squat there when we dropped it but I did enjoy the hitch. I haven't played with the slide portion (b and w companion hitch) yet but will when the time is right. We have a 2014 f250 swb. Pulled very well up the hills leaving western California. I was able to exceed with no problem at all California's 55mph speed limit (yeah right). Immediate wish list includes airbags and consideration of extended fuel tank.

4. We have found a couple issues. It seems that our electric water heater is intermittent or is hardly working at all. We are having to utilize the gas for now. The fridge when on auto doesn't seem to be converting to gas when the electric is shut off. I'm sure we will find some other issues but for now we're enjoying our condo on wheels!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	1447
    Happy trails!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great to hear you guys are on the road safely. I also love the comedic approach Sounds like you're getting the hang of it quickly and will mater it by the time you are home. I think I remember that you purchased from Mike Thompson and I can't help but say the issues with your water heater and refrigerator should have been picked up by them during the PDI. That'e exactly what they are supposed to check for and repair before delivery. Man oh man are we getting a lot of "dealer" issues on this forum.

I'm sure you'll get your issues resolved once you get home so, as it sounds like you're doing, enjoy the rest of the trip!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on you're new rig. Safe travels and happy camping.
    Kevin & Ginger
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #1816
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado / 3500HD DRW CC / Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on getting your new Reflection! Glad you are enjoying your trip home.
    Two simple checks for electric water heater. C heck to make sure its plugged in (there were some people about a year ago that were not plugged in). I'm not familiar with bunk house floor plan, but the 303 & 337rls's are plugged in behind bottom drawer of kitchen hutch. The other, as was our case, check water heater breaker to see if on. (I felt like a real idiot after about an hour of no hot water on our first trip. Checking wh and reading all trouble shooting in owners manual before checking breaker. Lol). Hopefully something simple for you, if not it will be taken care of by your local dealer or GD. Again congrats and have fun! :-)
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jthamilton
    Yep, breaker ok. I've looked behind all the drawers in our kitchen hutch and no plugs. I did send GD email tonight so hopefully we can stop by dealer in GJ Friday and let them take a peek.