User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have your kids crawl under there and pull that handle. Have camera ready.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Using an irrigation valve is clever and probably even easier than extending the handle.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the handle for my equalizer hitch to pull mine

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So folks know the handle position can be turned. With tank empty remove the 4 screws and carefully separate the valve halves. Make sure the O-rings stay in place then re-assemble in the position that is better for you. I turned mine so handle is forward so I can reach it from behind a tire.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.t.s33 View Post
    Thank you. Using an irrigation valve is clever and probably even easier than extending the handle.
    Yes, pretty straightforward. Irrigation valve solenoids can be driven with 12VDC, and a fitting from the plumbing supply. I left the manual gate in-place and just plumbed downstream. I actually used an illuminated rocker switch on it as well so to provide a visual indicator to me if the valve was open or closed.

My bum knee and back don't let me crawl around like I once did.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys really crawl under the trailer for this process? T-Rex arms or the valve on some models is not within typical human arm span?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under our new 21G after our first outing and discovered another white valve between the axles. Do these have 2 fresh water drains?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbawden View Post
    You guys really crawl under the trailer for this process? T-Rex arms or the valve on some models is not within typical human arm span?
    I've got 39" arms and a closet full of custom long sleeve shirts, but the valve on our last camper was dead center between the tandems! For the GD, easy if the slide is in. Trust me, hard miles on the body show their affect in later years.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyp228 View Post
    I was under our new 21G after our first outing and discovered another white valve between the axles. Do these have 2 fresh water drains?
    Do you have 2 fresh tanks? On my 398M I have 2, it has 2 fresh fills and 2 fresh dumps.
    Looking on the GD site, they state 100 gal. capacity, units before 2018 have 52. So the question is how did they increase the capacity? Add another tank? or use a larger one?
    Big clue would be if you have 2 fills... Though it is possible to plumb 2 tanks with one fill.... I think that would be unlikely.
    Last edited by huntindog; 03-24-2021 at 07:46 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only see one fill in the wet bay. Your right about hard miles. Was auto mechanic for 40 years before I retired. Was hell on the back, knees, and hands!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast