User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Again a well worded and placed email as I suggested above works wonders. I don't know what happened to customer support or you just drew the wrong representative. Once I latched onto one I found was going to help I channel everything through her even my travails with Lippert, Dexter and now Lionshead so at least she is aware. If I don't get satisfaction she has had my back. Also she has been accommodating of reimbursing for parts and third party repairs.
    Advice taken:
    ###
    I was provided this email by a forum member.

Solitude S-Class 3740BH VIN: omitted

1. Dealer owed: 1 set of LED light strips for read LED Awning (going on 2 months now)
    2. Porch light lense above front entrance door disappeared on trip home from dealership.
    3. Hot water heater cover blew off rig 7 miles from home on first trip after picking up.

I have been trying to reach the dealership in Tyler, however nobody will pick up the phone and voicemails have gone unanswered.

I reached out to the parts department, at Grand Design and was provided 4 phone numbers for parts retailers, but not the part numbers.

At this point I have ordered the hot water heater cover, and the porch light online.

My questions are:
    1. Would it be possible for you to confirm the LED Light Strip has really been ordered.
    2. Is there a better way for me to handle possible warranty work in the future, to minimize my expense out of pocket?

John
    ###
    I got an auto-response from Jerry that he is out on vacation thru 13-Jul.... I will post back when I hear from him.

Thanks again!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the advice received here was apparently great advice.

My email to Jerry, was forwarded on to another employee and I got a phone call this morning.

For the items I purchased, I have been asked to submit the receipt and will be reimbursed. For the LED light strip that I can't get a hold of the dealer on, there was no paperwork filed with GD. (She did say this does not exactly mean they are not working it, as it could have been ordered via another means) She will be sending me the LED light strip as well.
    @Wicked ace, it appears I owe you a beverage of your choice the next time I see you in a camp ground. I am the fat ugly guy with a 3740BH texas plates!!!

Grand Design has restored confidence in my purchase decision!!!

Okie

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpfinder View Post
    Well, the advice received here was apparently great advice.

My email to Jerry, was forwarded on to another employee and I got a phone call this morning.

For the items I purchased, I have been asked to submit the receipt and will be reimbursed. For the LED light strip that I can't get a hold of the dealer on, there was no paperwork filed with GD. (She did say this does not exactly mean they are not working it, as it could have been ordered via another means) She will be sending me the LED light strip as well.
    @Wicked ace, it appears I owe you a beverage of your choice the next time I see you in a camp ground. I am the fat ugly guy with a 3740BH texas plates!!!

Grand Design has restored confidence in my purchase decision!!!

Okie
    An Okie with Texas plates???? I got the sense they rather disliked Texas. In 2011 I spent the worst 3 months of my life in OKC at the OU campus. The reason being they had 43 days over 100 degrees and I saw 27 of them. Not my kind of weather.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An Okie with Texas plates???? I got the sense they rather disliked Texas. In 2011 I spent the worst 3 months of my life in OKC at the OU campus. The reason being they had 43 days over 100 degrees and I saw 27 of them. Not my kind of weather.
    Yes it is true... I am a transplant. Weather here can be off the rails. Several years ago in 24 hours we saw snow/ice/flooding/tornados

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZlyUTGW

Okie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's frustrating to find your new camper is dysfunctional and more so when you can't get help to solve a problem. If you do call Customer service and don't get a response you think is appropriate send an email here: [email protected]
    If you go to the General Discussion forum there is a sticky at the top with contact numbers and email addresses. Some are dead links, not being updated or current but I know that one works.
    I'm just asking here to get all the facts. You seem willing to do some DIY so I'll ask if you have verified there is power to the light strip when you attempt to turn them on? GD with all their expertise (being sarcastic ) has been know to miss a few things and hide fuses in obscure places. If you don't have power next place to look is behind the panel where the switch is located.
    Two recommendations, if I may, are to install dimmers as those lights tend to be too bright and should you replace the LED strip get your own, file a claim and send the receipt to GD. They are nothing special and you can find them easily on the 'net in rolls that can be trimmed to fit. I also suggest thinking about yellow tinted lights, bugs are not attracted to it like the bright white.
    Hello Wicked! I have a situation where just purchased a Grand Design 2670MK yesterday! We pick it up in three weeks. While DW & I were just checking the unit out, I discovered three drawers in the bathroom vanity which strike the Bathroom door frame, when each drawer is opened. I was pretty surprised how this type of issue got through the build, let alone a pre-ship inspection, assuming one was even done??? The dealer is going to "try" to adjust the drawers. Not sure how this can be done or if it can be done (correctly).

I posted this issue ion this forum earlier today. One responder recommended that GD replace the entire vanity because obviously the vanity/drawers are not per spec. Is the email address you posted above appropriate for the issue I have? The more I think about it, the madder I get!! If we were to have guests visit and they were to open those drawers - WTH would that say about Grand Design?? Not to mention my personal opinion - at this moment!!

Thanks for any help!
    Steve

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello Wicked! I have a situation where just purchased a Grand Design 2670MK yesterday! We pick it up in three weeks. While DW & I were just checking the unit out, I discovered three drawers in the bathroom vanity which strike the Bathroom door frame, when each drawer is opened. I was pretty surprised how this type of issue got through the build, let alone a pre-ship inspection, assuming one was even done??? The dealer is going to "try" to adjust the drawers. Not sure how this can be done or if it can be done (correctly).

I posted this issue ion this forum earlier today. One responder recommended that GD replace the entire vanity because obviously the vanity/drawers are not per spec. Is the email address you posted above appropriate for the issue I have? The more I think about it, the madder I get!! If we were to have guests visit and they were to open those drawers - WTH would that say about Grand Design?? Not to mention my personal opinion - at this moment!!

Thanks for any help!
    Steve
    Sorry, you're going to condemn a whole product due to one flaw? Without even finding out if it can be resolved first?

It's often been said here that GD is really no "better" than any other RV product, but the customer service is typically where they shine over other manufacturers. Give GD a chance before you get mad.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for any help!
    Steve
    If you haven't signed any papers or better yet given any money DON'T. INSIST they fix everything before you take ownership. At the top of the General discussion page are two stickies one has a couple of PDI lists of things to look for before taking the trailer. There is another that has links and phone numbers for various persons within GD and their vendors.
    If it's too late then there is a chain to follow and you need to to give them a chance to make things right. Call here: 574 825 9679 and ask for your regional customer service manager. Explain the problem and insist you open a case with GD. Don't depend on the dealer to do so. Should you have troubles getting satisfaction let the customer service rep know. If things aren't working out then drop a line to J McCarthy.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-18-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Sorry, you're going to condemn a whole product due to one flaw? Without even finding out if it can be resolved first?

It's often been said here that GD is really no "better" than any other RV product, but the customer service is typically where they shine over other manufacturers. Give GD a chance before you get mad.
    In his defense lets pretend he is new to RVs, there are lots out there now just like him, probably more than most times. Being new there is a bit of naivety to the whole process. A newbie might think it's like buying a car and the fit and finish will be nice with perhaps a few hiccups but a dealer network in place that supports a manufacture's JD Power ratings. Also there is Grand Design's web site that proclaims how wonderfully they are built and the QC/PDI process which we all know here is pretty much bunk. What they find out is they just bought a "fixxer-upper". If one were to read posts on this forum. Going by the ones from just over a year ago when GD owned the Forum you would think all is chocolate and roses. Still even, if a person voices his concerns on defects or quality the wagons get circled around and they get shouted down.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post

Who is condemning a whole product??? This is my first RV and to me, I'm spending a lot of money to purchase it. When the General Manager of the dealership says he does know how it will be fixed, and then suggested to me that I can just "pull" the drawer to the left, to avoid scratching the door frame, isn't resolving the issue. In addition, I am trying to work with the dealer to resolve this issue. But I also feel its important that this type of work is belng released by Grand Design. If I were the process owner for quality at GD (or any other manufacturers for that matter), I would certainly hope that conditions such as this are being released to dealers and I would want to know so that it can be corrected. Wouldn't you agree??? Not sure where you feel I am condemning anything?

I bought a GD product because my research told me they deliver a good product, but most importantly their Customer Service, I'm told is even better. All I want to do is inform them of an issue so others don't encounter this type of workmanship. I know we are in the middle of a Pandemic. Manufacturers are swamped with orders and they are spitting them out perhaps too quickly to satisfy orders. I dont want the GD refutation to decline - I guess this is my way of trying to help the next guy.
    Last edited by Silverado333; 07-18-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is condemning a whole product??? This is my first RV and to me, I'm spending a lot of money to purchase it. When the General Manager of the dealership says he does know how it will be fixed, and then suggested to me that I can just "pull" the drawer to the left, to avoid scratching the door frame, isn't resolving the issue. In addition, I am trying to work with the dealer to resolve this issue. But I also feel its important that this type of work is belng released by Grand Design. If I were the process owner for quality at GD (or any other manufacturers for that matter), I would certainly hope that conditions such as this are being released to dealers and I would want to know so that it can be corrected. Wouldn't you agree??? Not sure where you feel I am condemning anything?

I bought a GD product because my research told me they deliver a good product, but most importantly their Customer Service, I'm told is even better. All I want to do is inform them of an issue so others don't encounter this type of workmanship. I know we are in the middle of a Pandemic. Manufacturers are swamped with orders and they are spitting them out perhaps too quickly to satisfy orders. I dont want the GD refutation to decline - I guess this is my way of trying to help the next guy.
    Once again, I'm sorry, but the comment

"The more I think about it, the madder I get!! If we were to have guests visit and they were to open those drawers - WTH would that say about Grand Design?? Not to mention my personal opinion - at this moment!!"

sounds a bit like you really don't like the product.

I'm afraid you're going to find "working with the dealer" isn't all that productive, in most cases. Unlike the auto industry, there's no pride in product for most RV dealers. They are there to make a sale. Once they've done that, good service (for whatever reason, warranty or not) is usually not that great, or even good.

I didn't mean to sound like I was "shouting you down", but, as noted, many first time RV owners (of which we are one, but we've had our rig for 3 years now) are unaware of the issues that can rise with RV ownership. I was hoping to keep you calmed down until you find out what can be done.

As mentioned on many other threads, RV production isn't likely to improve until such time as people refuse to buy the less than quality products being produced, and that's not very likely. We buy what we like and fix the small things ourselves (much like we do at home). And hope that the manufacturer (not the dealer) will do their job if something major occurs.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast