Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual fresh water tank system -need help

Recently bought a new 25G and have a question about the two fresh water tank system. If i filling the tank and the forward overflow starts to pour out are both tanks filled ( seems logical that this would be the case)? Going dry camping for a week so want to make sure I get the max water in as possible. I did add the valves on the overflows so that I can top off close to the camp destination. I miss my last two rvs where you visually see the water level in the tank....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll want to get water flowing out both overflows. If it's anything like our 351M, the transfer tube between the 2 tanks is small and it takes awhile for the 2nd tank to catch up.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would cap the overflow tubes also when you are done filling.

Those are notorious for siphoning the water out of the tanks while driving. You may get to your destination and have half full tanks.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I assume the forward tank fills first and then cascades through a transfer hose to the aft tank. Sound correct? . I have ball valves installed on the over flows so could I close the one on the forward tank so once I get spillage out the over flow on the aft overflow I would be for sure full? Guessing i just need to make sure to not add water faster than the transfer hose can transfer?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk