User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are only 1/2 time (except for this year). We pack enough clothing to last 2 weeks so DW (and me) will not have to do laundry so much. Of course, we still have to pack for two seasons of weather.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wife has been having a garage sale about every 4 months or so to slowly get rid of "stuff".

We are also painting the interior of the house to help get a bit more when we sell. We upgraded the kitchen about 5 years ago and did the bathrooms 2 years ago.

The Solitude just got a bit of solar put on the roof, so we can stay off grid or at a forest service campground without running the generator.

Slowly getting ready. January 31, 2022 is the date my wife picked. I picked yesterday. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I am interested in what campground membership you got. Wife and I started FT last Oct. Thanks, [email protected]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Congratulations.
    We still have a year and a half. I'm ready now. My wife has been painting the inside of the house. We already upgraded the kitchen and both bathrooms in hopes to get more for the house.
    We bought a campground membership (not 1000 Trails) to get us in many parks across the nation for free or $10.00 a night. Passport America lifetime too. The Solitude has a very nice residential refrigerator, but needed lots of battery bank power if we were to boondock or stay at FS campgrounds with no power post. That's done and solar is in a couple weeks.

Safe travels, KEN
    Hi, I am interested in what campground membership you got. Wife and I started FT last Oct. Thanks, [email protected]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wife has been having a garage sale about every 4 months or so to slowly get rid of "stuff".

We are also painting the interior of the house to help get a bit more when we sell. We upgraded the kitchen about 5 years ago and did the bathrooms 2 years ago.

The Solitude just got a bit of solar put on the roof, so we can stay off grid or at a forest service campground without running the generator.

Slowly getting ready. January 31, 2022 is the date my wife picked. I picked yesterday. KEN
    Quote Originally Posted by ptraney View Post
    Welcome to the best forum ever.
    We are in Oregon and bought a Sound Pacific Resorts membership January 2, 2016. It was a lot of money. It has paid for itself already.
    What state do you live in?
    Our membership gets us into 1 camp resort near Lincoln City, Oregon and another near La Pine, Oregon. We go the La Pine area in the summer and Oregon Coast in the winter. The membership gives us access to RPI and ROD.
    There are many resorts across the country the do the membership thing. Finding the right one is the ticket. Some place you like to go and it would be almost free once the major investment is over. KEN
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    TKS, Oh, boy its really a thrill for us! Its funny though when you are moving out of a 2700 sq ft home into @ 310 sq ft RV, you get down to counting how many clothes and pairs of everything you think you need!!!!! For me, my time in the Navy and serving aboard a Carrier, it's like second nature. One seabag! One pair on, one pair in the locker and one pair in the wash!
    I put a lot of my clothes in the goodwill bag. The wife said don't you think you better keep all your good pairs of jeans, shirts, T shirts, underwear and socks? My reply was, I don't need four pairs of long jeans, four pairs of jean shorts, a closet full of dress shirts and a drawer full of T shirts. A basket full of half and crew socks, and enough underwear for 2.5 weeks!!!! For the wife, well she said I for one will NOT live like a Sailor!

You got to laugh at yourself sometimes!!!!!!
    Comparing your new FT adventure to carrier life, I bet the food is much better now, doesnt smell as bad and you dont have to burn your towel if it falls on the shower floor. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Comparing your new FT adventure to carrier life, I bet the food is much better now, doesnt smell as bad and you dont have to burn your towel if it falls on the shower floor. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh Carrier life was no picnic but not as bad as a sub or destroyer. This was back in 75-79. When I enlisted in the Navy I figured I would pick a rating that was needed on the biggest ship the Navy had. Still wasn't ready to live and sleep in the same berthing compartment as 70 other guys! Never more than 2-3 feet from the 5 other guys sleeping in the same 6 rack cubical. On a Carrier the chow really wasn't that bad, there was plenty of it, breakfast, lunch, supper and mid-rats, until you were out to sea over 60 days, without replenishment. Then the powered eggs, bug juice, powered milk and such got old quick.
    Hey the Carrier showers were about the same size as we have now in the Solitude. I still practice talking Navy showers, rinse up, water off, soap up, water on rinse, done. Now, not to conserve water usage but so the holding tanks do not fill up fast and we have to dump. Must admit the water in our RV is not tainted with jet fuel and smells a lot better. I still have the mesh net laundry bag secured with a gigantic safety pin I used on the carrier, I used it just the other day to carry laundry down to the campground laundry.

You know, a thought entered my mind just the other day, I caught myself feeling the RVs heartbeat / rhythms, just like I used to feel the Carrier's heartbeat. Its difficult to explain, only another sailor that spent time on a ship can understand. When you were on board the Carrier (any ship for that matter) you got so you could feel the ship, its leaning, its vibrations, the fan noise, the smells, the vibrations the engines and screws made at speed. You got so used to it, that when something changed dramatically, you knew something was going on or about to happen.
    I was setting in the RV and the usual noise of the AC units, the fridge fans, the smells, the slight vibrations and such, I was "feeling" the RV. I can tell if that usual "feeling" changes and I go investigating to see if something is wrong.

I get that same feeling when I am towing the rig, you get use to the noise and the vibrations and you can tell if something changes. Call me crazy, I guess.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its now almost October, about 3 months in full timing. Gotta say we are loving it! Wife has just a few days before retirement then its off to points unknown.
    A couple of things have become clear since we sold the house and went fulltime. First - seems for right now we have more money than usual. Gone is that big mortgage payment and up keep on the house, over 1200 squft of shop space and 2 acres of land. No vehicle payments and just a $525 site payment. I haven't even thought about mowing a yard in 3 whole months! But I'm still busy doing monthly/quarterly maint on the rig, on the internet trying to figure out the upcoming change to self health insurance and the mid year change to Medicare.

Second - when you go fulltime and pack the RV and stow things in compartments, you load things to maximize efficiency. Some things go in first, then other things get loaded in front, everything has it place. But what we have learned is, when you get something out, put it back where it came from! Now that means maybe taking something out, loading your putback in first, then putting your removed items back in. You have to be vigilant to put things back where they came from in order, or you end up with clutter setting all around and stuff hanging out of cabinets or closets!

Now just about the time you think you got a handle on it, you go and buy something else, and if it has a big footprint, now you have to try to rearrange the "stuff" to get everything to fit back in place!
    So we couldn't live without a new grill, after all, we will have plenty of time to grill out and experiment with camp cooking. Oh and hey we got to have a pellet smoker, and of course you got to have the pellets! So you are the proud new owner of a smoker grill, can't wait to try it, oh no problem it will fit in the basement storage. So out comes all the stuff from the basement, pack it all back in, combining things, stacking things, making room for the new GMG Davy Crocket grill, oh and the two new 5 gallon capped buckets holding the pellets. Hey you got to have two different kinds of pellets don't you?!! And when you see they are "ON SALE" you grab more, right!!

Well we got it all to fit back in the basement storage, oooh, that grill is a little heavier than I thought, 85 pounds worth to lift up and slide into the middle of the basement. Feet catch on the floor, doesn't slide easy, I know get a big huge cookie sheet, set the grill on that, slide it across the floor, it can double as a drip pan! Our confidence buoyed by our ingenuity. Get the grill back out, set it up, burn it in and let's get ready to BBQ!!!! Its been raining the last three days!!!!!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-22-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven
    Great choice in grill. The Davie Crockett GMG was made for RVing I think.
    I have the 374TH-R and put the grill in the rear pass-through storage compartment. I use a big towel to slide the grill on, to get it into the compartment.

We are not full time yet, but we are practicing for the next 2 weeks. KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven
    Great choice in grill. The Davie Crockett GMG was made for RVing I think.
    I have the 374TH-R and put the grill in the rear pass-through storage compartment. I use a big towel to slide the grill on, to get it into the compartment.

We are not full time yet, but we are practicing for the next 2 weeks. KEN
    Howdy Ken. Yes i think we made a good choice in grills. We have been looking at them for awhile now. Been watching videos from friends of ours cooking different things on it. The clincher was another RVer that had one where we are now. Talked to them about how they liked it and they allowed me to get my hands on it and check it out. They have more of a park model RV and it stores well in their RV.
    Our 3350 has a cavernous storage compartment and once we rearranged everything it fit very well.
    We are really enjoying the fulltime lifestyle. Enjoy your 2 weeks practicing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast