User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joined the Ranks of the Fulltimers Club

Its official, the Wife and I have joined the fulltimers club. We moved into the RV permanent fulltime over the July 4th weekend. Gosh I kept telling the wife, we have to limit what we load into the RV. Good thing we had over 2800# to spare on the cargo capacity! I'll have to weigh it again when we get a chance, but I think we are safe. Actually I think we ran out of storage room before we ran out of capacity. LOL's

Really excited about this new chapter in our lives. Have to hang around Austin until October when the wife retires, then its where ever we want to go. We have turned another page of our book together, lets see what's out there!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! A little envious here!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congratulations!!! we are beginning the process. House on the market 8/1.
    Lots of mixed emotions, mostly excitement

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Steve! We are in year 7 of Full timing.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TKS, Oh, boy its really a thrill for us! Its funny though when you are moving out of a 2700 sq ft home into @ 310 sq ft RV, you get down to counting how many clothes and pairs of everything you think you need!!!!! For me, my time in the Navy and serving aboard a Carrier, it's like second nature. One seabag! One pair on, one pair in the locker and one pair in the wash!
    I put a lot of my clothes in the goodwill bag. The wife said don't you think you better keep all your good pairs of jeans, shirts, T shirts, underwear and socks? My reply was, I don't need four pairs of long jeans, four pairs of jean shorts, a closet full of dress shirts and a drawer full of T shirts. A basket full of half and crew socks, and enough underwear for 2.5 weeks!!!! For the wife, well she said I for one will NOT live like a Sailor!

You got to laugh at yourself sometimes!!!!!!
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be surprised at how long 1 pair of underwear last when full timing. LOL They've got two sides too!
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait... Y'all pack clothes?

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Its official, the Wife and I have joined the fulltimers club. We moved into the RV permanent fulltime over the July 4th weekend. Gosh I kept telling the wife, we have to limit what we load into the RV. Good thing we had over 2800# to spare on the cargo capacity! I'll have to weigh it again when we get a chance, but I think we are safe. Actually I think we ran out of storage room before we ran out of capacity. LOL's

Really excited about this new chapter in our lives. Have to hang around Austin until October when the wife retires, then its where ever we want to go. We have turned another page of our book together, lets see what's out there!
    Congratulations.
    We still have a year and a half. I'm ready now. My wife has been painting the inside of the house. We already upgraded the kitchen and both bathrooms in hopes to get more for the house.
    We bought a campground membership (not 1000 Trails) to get us in many parks across the nation for free or $10.00 a night. Passport America lifetime too. The Solitude has a very nice residential refrigerator, but needed lots of battery bank power if we were to boondock or stay at FS campgrounds with no power post. That's done and solar is in a couple weeks.

Safe travels, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad you did it,we have a rule, if you do not pull it out in a year,it does not need to be in the RV, we carry less than a third than we did the first year.
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update, sure was nerve racking selling the sticks and bricks, inspections, septic tank pump and inspection, paper work, getting rid of all our stuff. We had the house listed for one day before we got an offer for more than the asking price, then closing in 30 days. Hustled to get everything done. Found a nice new campground just on the outskirts of Bastrop TX, for the next couple months. $525 per month for a gated campground, water, sewer, laundry, level gravel site with sodded grass, mailbox, fishing lake, cable TV and personal hotspot included, electric is metered and should run around $100 a month. Good for the next couple months when the wife's retirement kicks in. Received our new Escapees mailing address so we will still maintain our Texas residency.

Sure was a long process, tiring and somtimes nerve racking but we got there after a year of planning to free ourselves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast