User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Factory Installed Solar

Hi, I just picked up my 2021 349M with the factory installed solar. Unfortunately, our delivery through the dealership left much to be desired as far as a learning experience. We knew more than the new tech that did most of the walk through.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to get 110 power using my 300 watt solar panel. There is a switch in the underneath storage to turn on the inverter, i pressed and held the button until i hear the beep, and the light turns on blue, but I am still not getting 110 power. I can find very little information or trouble shooting information. If anyone has information please share. Thank you so much in advance.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you checking for 110v power?

From what I know about the solar option based on what other people have said on this forum is that only the fridge circuit is wired to the inverter and there is a switch somewhere to turn it on. I could be wrong and yours might be wired differently as GD has no standard when it comes to wiring the trailer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spending some time messing around with the components I was able to figure it out. The most simple thing, where the trailer is plugged in to the inverter it has a GFCI outlet, this was tripped and needed to be reset. Once I reset it all outlets that I checked, plus the refrigerator and couch all had 110 power.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O good. Sounds like you're set.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    O good. Sounds like you're set.

Yes Sir! Thanks for your reply.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut off switches

@Ding Ding Lai, I had the same issue picking up our 399th last week. I also have the solar option with the inverter. The tech was adament (I have it on video) that it is wired to the refregirator only. I have the unit in storage now and haven't had a chance to check it. Good to know it is wired to other 110 outlets. Did you get any documentation on the Jaboni mppt controler installed? My packet had none and the tech was clueless. Also the tech confused me on the functionality of the 2 cutoff switches in the belly of the beast. At first he said that the one nearest to the door was to shut down the invertor. So I asked him what the invertor switch right next to it was for? Then he said it is the main battery cut off. When I asked him what the other one was for he said that was for the invertor. It doesn't help that both the switches are labeled battery disconnect. Do you happen to know what the other switch is for? I suspect it is to cut solar power to the controller but haven't been able to confirm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200713_181933.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	28098
    Anupam&Pallavi
    2021 Grand Design Momentum - 399TH
    2020 F450
    Katy,Texas

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anupamdas View Post
    @Ding Ding Lai, I had the same issue picking up our 399th last week. I also have the solar option with the inverter. The tech was adament (I have it on video) that it is wired to the refregirator only. I have the unit in storage now and haven't had a chance to check it. Good to know it is wired to other 110 outlets. Did you get any documentation on the Jaboni mppt controler installed? My packet had none and the tech was clueless. Also the tech confused me on the functionality of the 2 cutoff switches in the belly of the beast. At first he said that the one nearest to the door was to shut down the invertor. So I asked him what the invertor switch right next to it was for? Then he said it is the main battery cut off. When I asked him what the other one was for he said that was for the invertor. It doesn't help that both the switches are labeled battery disconnect. Do you happen to know what the other switch is for? I suspect it is to cut solar power to the controller but haven't been able to confirm.
    Could call GD and ask for the Layout, Solar/2K Inverter drawing.
    I saw a fuzzy drawing for some out rigs that showed a 300A Fuse and Disconnect Switch between the battery and the inverter.

GD doesn't like their drawings posted so here's just the title block of the drawing:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layout, Solar 2K Inverter.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	28099
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @gbkims Thanks. I did call them and leave them a message. No response so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Anupam&Pallavi
    2021 Grand Design Momentum - 399TH
    2020 F450
    Katy,Texas