User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's behind the pass through storage in 23BHE?

Starting a battery upgrade project. I want to put my batteries in the under bed storage area. Does anyone know what is between that area and the pass through storage wall?
    Famtraveler24
    2019 Ford Expedition Platinum
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to know the same for a future project. Good luck. It would be awesome to see pictures of wiring throughout the entire camper.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Famtraveler24 View Post
    Starting a battery upgrade project. I want to put my batteries in the under bed storage area. Does anyone know what is between that area and the pass through storage wall?
    Are the new batteries lead acid. If they are I’d be worried about the off gassing right below where I sleep.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's a really bad idea to put lead acid batteries in an interior compartment.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Famtraveler24 View Post
    Putting lead acid batteries in an interior storage area would not be a good idea. If you look at a fifth wheel the battery(s) are in the front or side storage compartments. The are in a case and vented to the outside because of off gasing.

If you are determined to put them there I would is lithium as they are sealed, have no off gassing, and can be installed in any orientation.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever complete your project putting the batteries under the bed? I am considering the same modification and was curious what you have learned.