User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi....new to the forum and waiting on buying my 303 till closer to spring, even though we haven't had much winter here. I have been reading the forum and this thread got me re thinking on buying a GD because of my Ram 2500 4x4 and all the issues with height. So concerned I contacted GD and was advised by Peter Kinden that they are working on a fix as we speak and hope to have more info in the near future.

So I'll be keeping in touch with him to see what they come up with.

And I have to say thanks to all you folks here...what a great resource for newbies looking for info!

Brian
    TahoeTrekker

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    On our Reflection 303RLS built 05/23/14 and we have a trailer loaded tire clearance of 3" on the curb side and less than this on the street side.
    These pictures are with slides out, so probably making the pantry/fridge street side look worse than it actually is while towing.
    There are no witness marks of contact with the original 15" wheels and tires . . . but 16" wheels and tires would have a radius of at least 1" greater than shown and would be well into the "loaded 3" design clearance" that GD has referenced elsewhere in these discussions.
    Attachment 1375 Street Side
    Attachment 1376 Curb side
    The original Westlake tires are 28.3 inches in diameter, ST225/75R15 Load Range E. Load capacity 2830 per tire. I installed 16 inch rims and LT225/75R16 Load Range E Firestone Transforce HT, 29.3 inches in diameter which translates to only 1/2 inch taller tire. When looking at diameters of tires, don't forget to divide the diameter difference by 2 to get overall increase in height. As for load capacity, I still carry more than enough for the axle ratings, which is only 5080, per my mfg sticker for GAWR. I will never reach that total. By the way, anybody wanting to go higher in a LT225/75/R16 tire on the 303 will have to do some modifications to raise the trailer to attain recommended clearances. I currently have just a hair over 2.75 inches clearance on the heavy side, and as Cate & Rob stated, more on the curb side. BTW, I am fully loaded for 2 week camping trip on these measurements.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don and Kate
    Now that's the kind of info I am looking for, thanks for posting. This gives me a little hope that I may be able to do the switch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123