User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    The Timken seals for my 303rls were part number 412920 ti,Ken seals are priced but good quality.
    Do you have 16" wheels?
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Do you have 16" wheels?
    Yes, 16" wheels were standard on the 2019 model I believe.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from the brakes being inspected, its good rule of thumb to just do your bearings each year. Honestly we push our trailers hard, weighted down and pulling through some rough roads. I guess you could do every other year, but once a year is a safe bet. Its a small sacrifice to make rather than being stranded on the side of the road. I re-pack my own EVERY YEAR, replace the bearings and seals usually each time and check the races and replace if needed. At the end of the day in 35 years a wheel hub has never left me stranded. Others I know who wait till its too late, have needed tow, sat over night waiting for parts and paid extra high labor costs for roadside service. IMO, its a small investment of time and money to make sure things prevented before they happen. Just my penny thought.
    Todd & Helona and Chloe the dog (-:
    2019 Ford F450 4x4 DRW Custom
    2020 Grand Design 381M
    US ARMY Combat Vet (101st Airborne!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Does anyone have a part number for the grease seals?
    Get the serial number off one of the axles and contact Dexter. They will send you a complete parts list and layout of the axle assembly..including bearings, seals. brakes, etc. for that axle. I carry it in the RV when I travel and a complete set of bearings/seals should I need to make a correction while on the road.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    Get the serial number off one of the axles and contact Dexter. They will send you a complete parts list and layout of the axle assembly..including bearings, seals. brakes, etc. for that axle. I carry it in the RV when I travel and a complete set of bearings/seals should I need to make a correction while on the road.
    is that info on their website?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoranson View Post
    Aside from the brakes being inspected, its good rule of thumb to just do your bearings each year. Honestly we push our trailers hard, weighted down and pulling through some rough roads. I guess you could do every other year, but once a year is a safe bet. Its a small sacrifice to make rather than being stranded on the side of the road. I re-pack my own EVERY YEAR, replace the bearings and seals usually each time and check the races and replace if needed. At the end of the day in 35 years a wheel hub has never left me stranded. Others I know who wait till its too late, have needed tow, sat over night waiting for parts and paid extra high labor costs for roadside service. IMO, its a small investment of time and money to make sure things prevented before they happen. Just my penny thought.
    Bearings and races should be replaced in pairs.

IMO, there is far greater risk of problems caused by annual replacement than wear or age. I jack mine up, feel for play, adjust the breaks and hit the road. Every 3rd year I pull the hubs and service everything.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12