User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong but I don't think so. It looks to be a paid subscription if you try to log on or register.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I didn't realise that as members of this forum that we were also members of RV Trip Wizard. Do we use the same credentials to log in?
    The membership (1 yr) to RVTW was a thank you from Andy (forum owner and also owner of RVTW, other RV forums as well as Social Knowlege )
    for the already paid forum sponsors when he took over the forum a couple years ago. It is now a paid membership to RVTW if you want it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    We did it both ways. Last September/October we took our first long trip from Austin Texas to Utah. I used the RV Trip Wizard to help plan the trip out to Utah. I knew we wanted to travel 5-6 hours per day, so we planned stopes in Lubbock, Albuquerque and then to Moab. From Moab we went to Herber City, then to Tropic. One the way back we left Tropic planning to stay in Flagstaff, but we made such good time that we ended up staying in Holbrook AZ and then came on back to Austin (we had a death in the family, so our return trip plans changed).

If this is your first big trip, I would definitely would use a tool like Trip Wizard to plan the trip. As a member of our forum you are already a member of Trip Wizard. Using Trip Wizard you set up a driving radius and it will show you the campgrounds, restaurants, and fuel stations. In our case we knew how far we wanted to travel a day and about where we wanted to stop so it gave us a driving time and miles. That way we knew we could leave by 10am and have plenty of time to get to our destination. We also found that we could call a campground and cancel with no penalty since we were traveling through. The only thing it didn't show us was road construction and between Gallup NM and Moab there was a bunch. The mileage was correct but the travel time was way off.

One nice thing about Trip Wizard it shows you the campgrounds by either KOA, Good Sam's or local ownership. Then you can go to campground reviews to review the campground before you book.

Hold this helps. We are hoping to head east this fall and will use Trip Wizard again as a starting point.
    I used my login for this forum to try to login into RV Trip Wizard and it didn't work. Couldn't find anything in the FAQs to explain how to do it. How do I use my membership here to get onto RV Trip Wizard?

Thanks,
    Kathleen

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posing this question! We are getting ready to head out on our first epic trip - 3 months - leaving August 13. We're not retired, so will be working on the road and internet connectivity is a big one for us. (Tricked out our 22 MLE for just this!) We have the same dilemma, we want to plan far enough out so we know where we'll be and don't have to worry about the hassle, but yet want some flexibility. We're not sure our 'style' quite yet - and that factored into what we've done. Here's the compromise we ended up following:
    - We've planned out 4 weeks, with every stop. That will take us through the busiest season when the campgrounds are full.
    - We're planning on 'planning out' every week one additional week - so we're always 4 weeks out.
    -We're building into our schedule some days where we don't have a reservation. That gives us some flexibility to stay or go in areas of high interest.
    -I'm the planner and have used some really great apps out there - Campendium, RoadTrippers and AllStays. I think these are essential.
    -I haven't invested in a Harvest Host membership, but am quite interested. We need to understand our comfort level with 'boon docking' some nights when we're going from one place to another. I'm nervous about it, but again, want to try it out a few times and see what my comfort level is with it. Harvest Hosts is apparently a great option if Walmart/Cabela's boondocking sometimes is not your cup of tea.
    - We planned out the first 4 weeks to give us a 'bang' of a start. I also thought we'd have loads of energy in the beginning, so wasn't too worried about moving too often in the beginning.

I'm so incredibly jealous that you'll have this great opportunity - and it's unlimited! Go for it- you're going to have a blast. I'll be interested to see how it goes!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcy explained it to. A couple of years ago they offered paid member of this forum a 1yr subscription. Right now they have a 50% off to paying members.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123