User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I feel a lot of disappointments regarding warranty is expectations vs. reality. We spend a lot of money on these trailers, and we expect warranty work to be like a new vehicle, where we pull into the local dealership, tell them what's wrong, and many times they give us a loaner car while they promptly fix our problem.

Grand Design, as well as all other brands, just doesn't have quality control. The manufacturers don't take ownership of this poor quality and cheap parts, so they pass it off to the vendors. That leaves us, the owners, in between the two. And many times we don't have a "local" dealer to help us with problems.

I can do most of the repairs on my trailer, so for me, I accept this poor warranty system if they will at least send me a replacement of the defective part or give me a phone number of someone who will. My expectations were low from the start so I'm never disappointed. Sadly, many of the new buyers of GD and other trailer brands are in for a big surprise when they start having issues.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here is an update. The Coleman tech talked me through fixing the bed room AC unit. One Philips screw driver and a few minutes was all it took.
    There is a small duct that comes down from the top. It has to make a complete seal. Mine had dropped about 1/4 of a inch. That is all it takes according to the tech. Pushed it back up and gorilla taped it back in place. So far it has worked . He said it is common for the installers to mess it up and not tape it up well or at all. It happens a lot and that is why he knew what the issue was. So one down 3 to go.

I still like this trailer, the 2670MK is a great layout and camper. Dealing with these issues becomes frustrating very quickly when you on hold on the phone.
    Jim T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12