User Tag List

Thread: Kitchen storage

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen storage

Hi guys. We're looking at the 2500RL as our first-ever trailer. It has the best floor plan for our purposes, and we've managed to find answers to most of our questions EXCEPT for the kitchen area. Where does everyone put their kitchen utensils? Since there doesn't seem to be ready-made storage drawers for silverware, spatulas, etc., we're wondering where they go. How do you store your stuff? Thanks for your input!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ValKyrie View Post
    Hi guys. We're looking at the 2500RL as our first-ever trailer. It has the best floor plan for our purposes, and we've managed to find answers to most of our questions EXCEPT for the kitchen area. Where does everyone put their kitchen utensils? Since there doesn't seem to be ready-made storage drawers for silverware, spatulas, etc., we're wondering where they go. How do you store your stuff? Thanks for your input!
    Hi! We have essentially the same kitchen in our smaller 2150. We have silverware in divided trays, kitchen/dining linens, food net covers, collapsed toasting forks in the drawers below the sink. Pots/pans, herbs, spices, lighters, all in the drawer below the oven. Normal sized canned goods, sugar, pancake mix, cups, glasses (SS or plastic), one small casserole (wrapped in dish towel), small handi-chopper, all reside above the sink. Dishes, mixing bowls, bowls, are over the counter/stove area. Tons of room in the pantry for a sterlite shoebox container of cooking utensils (spatulas (both kinds), whisks, serving spoons, lemon/lime press, etc. Also, big plastic trays for carrying stuff outside, larger canned goods (or the rare glass jar-I do like my little jarred artichokes), a small stock pot, and a bathroom caddy with various camping items like string, s-hooks, more long lighters, batteries, scissors, tablecloth holders. Anything huge that you’d use for a potluck can go in the under bed storage. We also store our coffee maker in a dairy crate under the bed for travel (extra linens and blankets too in space bags-they cushion the kitchen stuff).

You’ll be surprised at what you can fit in your kitchen. And we don’t even have those higher cupboards above the TV. Our area there is a long, open rectangular space above the controls just inside the entry door. We keep our folding chairs stowed there.

One last thing (not kitchen related). We’ve broken more tips off fishing poles than I’d care to admit, and that wasn’t even trying to take them camping! When we take the poles along, I throw an old sheet on top of the bed, lay the poles on it, reels at head, throw an old comforter over them, and scatter the pillows to hold them down!
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 07-10-2020 at 10:41 AM. Reason: handi CAP chopper????
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Hi! We have essentially the same kitchen in our smaller 2150. We have silverware in divided trays, kitchen/dining linens, food net covers, collapsed toasting forks in the drawers below the sink. Pots/pans, herbs, spices, lighters, all in the drawer below the oven. Normal sized canned goods, sugar, pancake mix, cups, glasses (SS or plastic), one small casserole (wrapped in dish towel), small handi-chopper, all reside above the sink. Dishes, mixing bowls, bowls, are over the counter/stove area. Tons of room in the pantry for a sterlite shoebox container of cooking utensils (spatulas (both kinds), whisks, serving spoons, lemon/lime press, etc. Also, big plastic trays for carrying stuff outside, larger canned goods (or the rare glass jar-I do like my little jarred artichokes), a small stock pot, and a bathroom caddy with various camping items like string, s-hooks, more long lighters, batteries, scissors, tablecloth holders. Anything huge that you’d use for a potluck can go in the under bed storage. We also store our coffee maker in a dairy crate under the bed for travel (extra linens and blankets too in space bags-they cushion the kitchen stuff).

You’ll be surprised at what you can fit in your kitchen. And we don’t even have those higher cupboards above the TV. Our area there is a long, open rectangular space above the controls just inside the entry door. We keep our folding chairs stowed there.

One last thing (not kitchen related). We’ve broken more tips off fishing poles than I’d care to admit, and that wasn’t even trying to take them camping! When we take the poles along, I throw an old sheet on top of the bed, lay the poles on it, reels at head, throw an old comforter over them, and scatter the pillows to hold them down!
    N
    Wow! Thanks for the great response! This forum is fantastic for getting the best information, and your reply is a perfect example. We're excited to be joining the 'GD Family' soon.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houndbb...that is so great to get your info for the kitchen. I love it. We are moving from our 40' boat to the 2600RB so it will be a big change, less galley space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 2500RL for a year now and love it! Our Kitchen setup is spices and oils in the top (pull down) shelf under the sink. In the middle drawer we keep our silverware and utensils in plastic bins (they drive my wife crazy and we're still looking for another way to organize them). The bottom drawer under the sink, we keep sauce pans and some pots. In the drawer under the stove, we have our toaster, Instant Pot, small 4 cup coffee pot and lids. In the drawers under the seats we keep our electric skillets, infrared hot plate, and and frying pans. We keep all of our food for the trip under the TV in plastic bins. We have plastic bins over the bed, over the rear sofa, and in the 4 spaces under the TV; it keeps us organized and everything is handy when we need it. In my opinion, plastic bins are crucial! Once you get a storage program, it becomes pretty convenient. Being organized is key! We pull out an appliance, use it, than put it away so we reduce the clutter. The 2500RL is a great "couples trailer". Best of luck on you choice.
    Brad & Debbie
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    formerly had 2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2020 Ford F250 4x4 Lariat 6.7L Diesel
    looking to upgrade to F350!
    Happily "retired" campers!