Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2021 2550rl

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I had a conversation with my Imagine Rep and he didn't know anything about it.

We both agreed that the 2500RL needs a refresh.
    What a shame. My wife and I unequivocally agreed upon this model and were set on purchasing it. That is saying a lot as we have been around the block on what to buy MANY times.

I do find it curious that they gave it a model number that fits perfectly in line with their current models, sitting neatly between 2500RL and 2600RB. However as has been stated this model is more accurately a 2550RD, not a 2550RL as it is currently named.

I'm going to call Grand Design today to see if there are any plans for this model at all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I do not like walk through bathrooms. When the salesman took us in one we told him if they are all like that show us a different manufacturer. The 2450RL worked out perfect for us.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the Reflection 287rlts floor plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    My wife and I do not like walk through bathrooms. When the salesman took us in one we told him if they are all like that show us a different manufacturer. The 2450RL worked out perfect for us.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    And that is a good thing. Different strokes for different folks. We settled for the 2150RB as GDRV did not have the 2450RL plan available when we bought. Very excited when the 2450RL hit the market and we came close to taking a bath on our unit to buy a 2450RL. Once my wife has used the 2150RB bath for a couple of years, it only took about two visits to the dealership to reconsider the 2450RL as not being suitable, a shoe box of a bathroom in her opinion. The 2550RL prototype would be ideal if it had the 2250RK or 2500RL walk thru, spacious bath layout in our opinion.
    Most couple trailers are, IMO, best using walk thru baths, if you have bunks or sleeping for three or more, most floor plans move to the separated bath. Again, not right or wrong just whatever suits your needs.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left a voice mail with Grand Design a few days ago regarding the 2550RL. Today I received a return call from a gentleman named Tony at Grand Design. He informed me that the 2550RL was a prototype and will not be put into production. I told him it was a great floorpan and asked why. He explained that Grand Design is experiencing incredible growth rates beyond anything they could have expected. Therefore there was simply no capacity to manufacture another floorpan at the present time.

I hope that puts this to rest for anyone who might be wondering what is going on with this model. I was disappointed but at least can close this chapter of my RV search book.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's to bad but good for GD at the same time. I really liked that floor plan (I would have preferred a walkthrough bath though) and was really entertaining the idea of trading in our 22mle. During this pandemic, some businesses really got hurt and some really bloomed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docprego View Post
    I left a voice mail with Grand Design a few days ago regarding the 2550RL. Today I received a return call from a gentleman named Tony at Grand Design. He informed me that the 2550RL was a prototype and will not be put into production. I told him it was a great floorpan and asked why. He explained that Grand Design is experiencing incredible growth rates beyond anything they could have expected. Therefore there was simply no capacity to manufacture another floorpan at the present time.

I hope that puts this to rest for anyone who might be wondering what is going on with this model. I was disappointed but at least can close this chapter of my RV search book.
    The only similar floor plan I’ve seen is a Keystone Premier 26UDPR. A little larger than the not to be sold 2550RL I think, but that is the only other floor plan with a rear dinette I’m aware of.
    Thanks for the info.
    Judy & Larry
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    The only similar floor plan I’ve seen is a Keystone Premier 26UDPR. A little larger than the not to be sold 2550RL I think, but that is the only other floor plan with a rear dinette I’m aware of.
    Thanks for the info.
    Which is exactly the model we are currently looking at. The 2550RL had a much better TV situation but otherwise was very similar.

Obviously I would greatly prefer a Grand Design, but in fairness I know next to nothing about Keystone. From my limited walkthrough of one of their models a few weeks ago it seemed to be a quality product.

The Reflection 287RLTS mentioned above is virtually the same as the Imagine 2550RL but also has a similar TV layout to the Keystone 26UDPR, again not ideal but workable. The larger issue with this Reflection is that my wife dislikes the cabinetry color.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @docprego a friend has a Bullet Premier, they are very happy. The 26UDPR (the one I saw) had Norco 5.1 electric stabilizers, dual slam latches on the cargo doors, they are wider than the GDRV, 50A. I do not not why the did not put a larger medicine cabinet with mirrors - makes the bath look even bigger than it is. The counter space rivals the 2150RB/2600RB Imagines. Wife likes the corner shower, I like the GDRV shower. Subway tiles in the kitchen and a popup power receptacle is very cool, IMO. Floor heat is an issue with us as we have two drool and hair shedding machines.

The unit we saw had a cabinet doors over the bed, some seem to have a shelf - which i like, SWMBIO does not.
    Good luck on your search.
    Judy & Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12