Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 2550rl

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 2550rl

Does anyone know why the GD web site does not show the new 2550RL model? I'm finding YouTube videos showing them, but only at sales centers. Do they not update the web site with new models yet, even though they are available for purchase? Is it a "year model" issue, maybe? It's not officially the 2021 release date, though good luck finding an existing 2020 at a dealer...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow , at first I thought you made a typo but sure enough. Really odd that there is no mention of it on th GD site

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prototypes that GD built to test the possible changes.

They always build a half dozen or so, send to RVIA for review, then sell cheap to a handful of dealers.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Prototypes that GD built to test the possible changes.

They always build a half dozen or so, send to RVIA for review, then sell cheap to a handful of dealers.
    I’ve seen a couple of these online, but wondered why it was not designated as an RD, Rear Dinette, rather than an RL, Rear Living/Rear Lounge.

I was surprised how many folks do not like a walk thru bath, they want it segregated which seems to create wasted hallway space in my opinion.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    I’ve seen a couple of these online, but wondered why it was not designated as an RD, Rear Dinette, rather than an RL, Rear Living/Rear Lounge.

I was surprised how many folks do not like a walk thru bath, they want it segregated which seems to create wasted hallway space in my opinion.
    I agree for the walk thru bath and it makes the bath roomier

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post

I had the exact same thoughts. Especially the wasted space. Love the extra counter space, pantry, cabinets and drawers, and the extra window in the kitchen area. The recliner position/table swap from the 2500 layout would be outstanding. All in all, I'd buy this layout over the 2500!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further to what @huntr70 said, notice that on some models there is a fireplace with a telescoping TV and cabinet above the TV/side counter. Others mount the TV in lieu of above counter cabinets, clean counter top and drawers below the counter. May not be a concern, but the telescoping TV would block the window when in use. I like the windows on the curb side, that is usually your view of your camp site. Given the under dinette storage and pantry plus the other cabinets, I'd like the TV above the counter and the fireplace option - maybe it will be available.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just discovered this model today and really like it. As mentioned above there are 2 different configurations that I have seen. One puts the TV above the kitchen counter with the window fully exposed and 4 drawers below the counter. The other has the tv on a "televator" which gives you cabinets above where the TV was in the other configuration and a fireplace instead of the 4 drawers. I greatly prefer the latter design.

This model is not on Grand Design's site. Does anyone know if it will be a regular production model that I can order?

Thank you

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docprego View Post
    I just discovered this model today and really like it. As mentioned above there are 2 different configurations that I have seen. One puts the TV above the kitchen counter with the window fully exposed and 4 drawers below the counter. The other has the tv on a "televator" which gives you cabinets above where the TV was in the other configuration and a fireplace instead of the 4 drawers. I greatly prefer the latter design.

This model is not on Grand Design's site. Does anyone know if it will be a regular production model that I can order?

Thank you
    As far as we can tell, it's a prototype. Really makes me want to trade up from my 22mle but would really had preferred they had kept the pass thru bath.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a conversation with my Imagine Rep and he didn't know anything about it.

We both agreed that the 2500RL needs a refresh.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast