User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 337 RLS under bed wiring and Power Center 7.5 amp fuse blowing

power center" with a 7.5 amp fuse blows. I read that the issue seems to be the wiring under the bed for the bedroom slide out. I removed the plywood under the bed and discovered all the wires (bare wire ends) with no wire nuts. I do not know what wires should be tied together. if someone can tell me what wires get tied together that would be GREAT!

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That might be a question for GD, I suggest calling the customer service @ 574-825-9679. They don't always give up wiring schematics willingly or easily so be prepared to go one step up from the rep who answers the phone
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopinator73 View Post
    power center" with a 7.5 amp fuse blows. I read that the issue seems to be the wiring under the bed for the bedroom slide out. I removed the plywood under the bed and discovered all the wires (bare wire ends) with no wire nuts. I do not know what wires should be tied together. if someone can tell me what wires get tied together that would be GREAT!
    Bare ends? Are you serious?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    Bare ends? Are you serious?
    The interference of the slide pulls the connectors apart/off. Common issue across the industry. First thing I secured on ours!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty scary that it's a common problem.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I installed usb inputs on each side of the bed so I had to get under the bed to wire into the 12 volt system. All the wires had crimp connectors on them. Its a 2019 337.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Pretty scary that it's a common problem.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Meh, 12VDC... Now the fact that this has been common for at least the past 15 years, coach to TT, is more the wonder...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopinator73 View Post
    I have a 2020 337 RLS and I just spent the last couple of hours fixing this problem. It is not hard to figure out what wires to connect if you do the following.

Take out anything stored under the bed.

If you know what wires to reconnect you can just remove the bottom board from the storage area and reconnect the wires.

It sounds like you did that and found bare wires but don’t know which ones to connect. To see which wires to connect you need to remove both the front and back plywood top pieces where the mattress sits. Once You remove all the plywood you can trace the wires.

There are two hot wires that come up out of the slide floor, one for the over head bed lights and one for the blue outside lights under the slide.

Pull the 7.5 amp fuse and seperate all of your bare wires.

You will have two power lines that come up through a hole in the floor, my lines were marked red and white, and two lines that run to the back outside wall of the slide, also marked with a color. The blue lights are switched from outside in the nautilus panel.

Separate all the wires and put the 7.5 amp fuse back in. Make sure the switch for the blue lights is off, no light on switch. Take a volt meter ant test for voltage on the two incoming power lines under the bed. With the blue light switch off one will be hot and the other will not have voltage. Pull the fuse and connect the hot line to the over head lights. Make sure you connect positive to positive and negative to negative.

Put the fuse back in. Turn the blue light switch on and test the other hot line under the bed and it should be live. Pull the fuse and connect the second hot line to the blue light line.

You want to figure out a way to keep the slide from tearing out the wires again. I slit the rug and put the ends under the rug and a tie strap screwed down to hold them.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Always Learning; 07-11-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s A Real Issue

This chain was a godsend! You should read on! It’s a journey of a read so perhaps have something to sip while you do. I had the same fuse issue and this sent me on the hunt. I am no where near any sort of electrician but with no RV tech assistance available I was on my own after over 10 calls to separate companies for assistance. I did call GD customer support which was 30% helpful, thankfully. My wife and I just went full time as we both retired. Our rig is new and 10 days on the road so this issue revealed itself after less then 20 times of moving the master bed slide out (we practiced at home a few times as we slept in front of the house we sold as the new owners moved in #painful). So, I digress, as this is my first entry on any GD forum so if I’m bucking protocol in any way I’m offering up apologies in advance. Also, I don’t see where I can attach photos of what I found under the master bed storage plywood which was a “clump” of 4 separate wiring sets with a single detached crimped nut which caused the 7.5 amp fuse to blow and the resulting issue. I had to figure out the wire pairing, properly secure them with individual insulated crimped nuts, peg them to the base plywood and then slide them under the carpet via a slit I made as well as cut out a channel in the base of the slide framing to remove the chance of the wood catching the wiring cluster in the future. If you wish to see pics email me at [email protected]. It’s unfortunate this is due to the pure shoddy manufacturing/assembling team at GD. We have all spent a significant sum of dollars to get to this juncture and this is beyond disappointing (but, my standards are now set very low as this is our 3rd rig) I am very mindful as the cold sweat hit my brow and call after call to RV repair providers netted the same response: “I’m booked for 2 weeks, we have a spot in January, etc.”. I’m guestimating this is about a $600-800 repair based on my time and know a professional would be less than the 5 hrs this newbie spent, It’s unfortunate that poor workmanship “will” toss many of us into the DIY crew which is good if you’re game but I have to say the processs is tough as this is no way my area of expertise after 30 years in the working world. But, I’m game on and this forum will be my oxygen (no joke). Safe travels to all, be well and if you want pics of my “discovery and fix” email me.