User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing white LED Awning lights

Has anyone replaced the OEM awning LED lights that are in a channel? We are not fans of the bright white light and would like to replace them with another color or the programmable type like we had in our previous 5th wheel. The challenge with this type is it has a small controller box with the remote eye that would have to tie in with the 12V power supply.

Tim
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always just add a dimmer, all the wiring is done near the switch where there is more room to work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    You could always just add a dimmer, all the wiring is done near the switch where there is more room to work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That is on my list to do along with installing a Dimmer for the ceiling lights

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought the 21bhe. Does anyone have a part number for a small dimmer switch. I would also like to keep the switch lighted if possible for the overheads.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    I just bought the 21bhe. Does anyone have a part number for a small dimmer switch. I would also like to keep the switch lighted if possible for the overheads.
    Do a search on this forum, there a few post on this subject with a few options. The one that I'm interested in are the ones that go in the command center but you need a special plate. A member makes them with his 3d printer. I haven't seen one with a built in light though.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    Here's what I'll be doing for the awning and ceiling
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I never really got up there to take a close look. Our LED lighting strip is wavy. I'm guessing the strip was not properly installed. I wonder how difficult it would be to replace it with a different strip. Oh and the dimmer mod looks really nice BTW. That's a definite want.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I have. The old strip ripped out easily. I stuck in a set of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0798NG8KJ and have been very happy with them. Wired them into the same 12v leads and ran their "on/off" button/receiver down the side of the RV.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin View Post
    Yes, I have. The old strip ripped out easily. I stuck in a set of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0798NG8KJ and have been very happy with them. Wired them into the same 12v leads and ran their "on/off" button/receiver down the side of the RV.
    Do these fit in a channel or just stick to the trailer? So the on/off button is parallel to the awning arm and near the bottom? Thanks.
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They fit in the channel. The stock lights were not even taped into the channel. I taped the new ones in, but probably didn't have to. On my 2500RL no room to put the button next to the awning arm, I had to come down the other side of the door (used some lamp cord cover to keep it neat). But if I did it again I'd just put the button wherever was handy, probably up high. I have NEVER used the button so far. Still use the switch to turn them on (because it turns on/off the speaker lights as well) and then use the app to control them via bluetooth. The only sort of tricky part of the whole install is that you only get about 2 inches of wire sticking out of the camper to play with for power. I soldered and used heat shrink tubing, and I might have had to solder in an extension (it's been a year, I forget).
    Last edited by DarthMuffin; 07-12-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast