User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin View Post
    They fit in the channel. The stock lights were not even taped into the channel. I taped the new ones in, but probably didn't have to. On my 2500RL no room to put the button next to the awning arm, I had to come down the other side of the door (used some lamp cord cover to keep it neat). But if I did it again I'd just put the button wherever was handy, probably up high. I have NEVER used the button so far. Still use the switch to turn them on (because it turns on/off the speaker lights as well) and then use the app to control them via bluetooth. The only sort of tricky part of the whole install is that you only get about 2 inches of wire sticking out of the camper to play with for power. I soldered and used heat shrink tubing, and I might have had to solder in an extension (it's been a year, I forget).
    Thanks that's the information I did not know I needed!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed an Amazon light strip under the original white light strip, and added a strip to the unlighted awning on the slide. I mounted the control boxes in the wall and plugged the included transformers into outlets near the install locations. They each came with a remote, but either one operates both sets. We have found orange/ red range gives good light for campfire time, draws minimum bugs, and doesn't seem to upset light sensitive neighbors.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12