User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane connection to grill

I am a bit frustrated. I used a wye in my old motorhome to connect my Coleman Road trip grill to the onboard propane. I installed the same wye and hose to my 21 Solitude 344 GK. The grill wont work even though it does with a propane bottle. Any Ideas?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtivy53 View Post
    I am a bit frustrated. I used a wye in my old motorhome to connect my Coleman Road trip grill to the onboard propane. I installed the same wye and hose to my 21 Solitude 344 GK. The grill wont work even though it does with a propane bottle. Any Ideas?
    Have you turned on the propane at the quick connect. There is a valve there that needs to be opened to allow the propane to flow. If not that and it worked on the previous RV then it should work here.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Have you turned on the propane at the quick connect. There is a valve there that needs to be opened to allow the propane to flow. If not that and it worked on the previous RV then it should work here.

Rob
    Are you double regulated? In other words, have you removed the Coleman’s regulator?
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Are you double regulated? In other words, have you removed the Coleman’s regulator?
    No you can't be double regulated. I took the regulator off of the BBQ. If you are double regulated it will not work as the propane on the GD trailers low pressure. If you have the regulator still on the BBQ you need to attach quick connect adapters and then it will work.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    No you can't be double regulated. I took the regulator off of the BBQ. If you are double regulated it will not work as the propane on the GD trailers low pressure. If you have the regulator still on the BBQ you need to attach quick connect adapters and then it will work.

Rob
    Right, Rob. The OP said he used a connection that he devised (and that worked on his old trailer). That led me to look at the 334’s floor plan and specs. Can’t find any mention of an exterior quick connect on that model. Just wondered if in trying to use his gizmo, he’s inadvertently left two regulators in line?
    Sorry for the confusion, I thought I quoted the OP-where are my readers......?
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Right, Rob. The OP said he used a connection that he devised (and that worked on his old trailer). That led me to look at the 334’s floor plan and specs. Can’t find any mention of an exterior quick connect on that model. Just wondered if in trying to use his gizmo, he’s inadvertently left two regulators in line?
    Sorry for the confusion, I thought I quoted the OP-where are my readers......?
    N
    No worries. Thanks for clarifying.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the responses. Yes, I do have the valve open. Yes, there is a regulator on the Coleman stove, however I had it in my memory that it was connected in the same manner on my Itasca. Maybe memory is foggy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtivy53 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Yes, I do have the valve open. Yes, there is a regulator on the Coleman stove, however I had it in my memory that it was connected in the same manner on my Itasca. Maybe memory is foggy.
    You will need to remove the regulator for it to work on you GD unit. Your Itasca maybe had a high pressure connection. GD has all low pressure connections so the stove will not work with the regulator on it.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS