Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interior wall construction?

We're looking at an Imagine 2600RB, XLS 22RBE, or a 2150RB. In all cases we would want to add a TV to the bedroom, but do not wish to use the predefined location on the sidewall. Instead, I'd like to remove the sliding bedroom door and mount the TV on the interior wall facing the bed.

The interior wall on these models all have kitchen cabinets attached to them on the opposite side, so I assume there is either some backing in place, or the cabinets are attached directly to wall studs.

So my questions:

Are the interior wall studs metal? and if so any idea on their thickness and ability to support the weight of a TV. ( size not known at this time).

Any reason not to mount a TV on an interior wall?

Any suggestions or better ideas are welcome.

Tom

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tnelson View Post
    We're looking at an Imagine 2600RB, XLS 22RBE, or a 2150RB. In all cases we would want to add a TV to the bedroom, but do not wish to use the predefined location on the sidewall. Instead, I'd like to remove the sliding bedroom door and mount the TV on the interior wall facing the bed.

The interior wall on these models all have kitchen cabinets attached to them on the opposite side, so I assume there is either some backing in place, or the cabinets are attached directly to wall studs.

So my questions:

Are the interior wall studs metal? and if so any idea on their thickness and ability to support the weight of a TV. ( size not known at this time).

Any reason not to mount a TV on an interior wall?

Any suggestions or better ideas are welcome.

Tom
    The interior walls on my Reflection are 2x3 wood studs. I would expect the same in the Imagine line. I would think that as long as you get the studs for the mounting hardware and don't hang too big of a TV you should be fine. I have a backer plate in the bedroom of my 297RSTS to mount to so can't see any difference to mounting to the studs.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob,

Wood studs makes its a bit easier!

That Reflection 297 is nice. Maybe if the wife sees one she would OK a truck upgrade

Tom
    Last edited by tnelson; 07-14-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tnelson View Post
    Thanks Rob,

Wood studs makes its a bit easier!

That Reflection 297 is nice. Maybe if the wife sees one she would OK a TT upgrade

Tom
    Thanks Tom. Yes it is a nice unit. I am sure your wife would like it if she saw it, mine sure did.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada