User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh tank overflow empties a third of my tank after filling

Have a strange issue. I gravity fill my fresh water tank. When it’s full it pours out the the overflow tube briefly. Last year it worked fine. We just started a two trip. Now, when I fill the tank, as usual, when full it comes out the overflow. But it doesn’t stop. It keeps pouring out until the tank is down to 2/3s. Any insight would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s the siphoning that’s doing it. A couple bumps on the way and 1/3 of your water siphons out. A quick sharkbite valve will stop it.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy673 View Post
    Have a strange issue. I gravity fill my fresh water tank. When it’s full it pours out the the overflow tube briefly. Last year it worked fine. We just started a two trip. Now, when I fill the tank, as usual, when full it comes out the overflow. But it doesn’t stop. It keeps pouring out until the tank is down to 2/3s. Any insight would be appreciated.
    There’s at least a dozen threads explaining how to fix this, do a search for “fresh tank Sharkbite”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s what I figured. Thank you so much. I can enjoy the rest of my vacation without analyzing this endlessly. LOL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. I’ll do that.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy673 View Post
    Awesome. I’ll do that.
    Here's the valve you've been advised to install, a fifteen-second job:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBit...00LF/202270643

Fill your tank with the valve open, let it drain for a moment or two (to give the tank some headspace) and then close the valve just for the duration of your journey.

Really, REALLY important that you open the valve as soon as you arrive at your destination and leave it open at ALL times except when you're driving with a full tank. Do something so you can't possibly forget to open the valve - tape on your landing gear controls maybe? Also, if your journey involves significant elevation changes, to be safe you might open the valve momentarily partway through the trip up and down. These precautions are to avoid excessive pressure building in the tank and possibly rupturing it.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 07-15-2020 at 08:54 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a shut-off valve and gravity fill port on our Imagine. There's enough air leakage around the fill cap for the pump to function normally.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK