User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 solitude 390 rk NO customer service

Having issues with new indigna stove... no power to unit at all... have been shuffled between dealer and grand design for 4 hours... finally get someone at grand design who said I have to call manufacturer.... gives me a phone number that is actually geek squad at Best Buy... who then in turn transfers me back to grand design... this is “good customer service?”
    Btw this is all after I agreed to a call back in “15 to 30 minutes”. It’s over 4 hours and no callback either
    Last edited by Lc1496; 07-20-2020 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Forgot part

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lc1496 View Post
    Having issues with new indigna stove... no power to unit at all... have been shuffled between dealer and grand design for 4 hours... finally get someone at grand design who said I have to call manufacturer.... gives me a phone number that is actually geek squad at Best Buy... who then in turn transfers me back to grand design... this is “good customer service?”
    So unfortunately you're plagued with the lack of info and a brand new product. They just started using those stoves.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    So unfortunately you're plagued with the lack of info and a brand new product. They just started using those stoves.
    After having read entire insigna owner’s manual, I have determined that this insigna oven ns-rng24ss9 requires 120v 60 hz electrical supply to operate. So much for dry camping lol... guess I should have started there... noob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best thing I ever did was find an independent repair shop that has done all the work on my rig. It's never been back to the dealer we bought it from and the few minor repairs we've needed early on were all approved by GD. Besides the early warranty work, at various times we've had disc brakes added, inverter added, more batteries added and the rig has never been in the shop more than 10 days at a time.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectphoto View Post
    We did a PDI, I just didn't crawl up on the roof and there is just some much to take in.
    I certainly don't want to minimize your problems, no one wants to spend tens of thousands of dollars only to find issues with workmanship or a dealer that has been less than transparent. The pictures you included, i think on the dicor, I would just add a bit to close the hole. The edge rip in the roof material is a bit more serious. You could temporarily cover it with dicor or eternabond tape until such time you could have it fixed. As long as GD and the dealer acknowledge the issue as a warranty on the date you specified so it can be taken care of.

I would make the dealer make good on the repair of the gel coat.

As others have stated, good dealers are difficult to find, and as sad as it is to say if you are ok fixing minor issues you will save time money and stress.

I wish you the best of luck and many excellent memories in your rig.

Bill
    Last edited by Redapple63; 07-21-2020 at 12:12 AM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you talk, be sure to get dates, times, names and what's been said.

I had problems with the gel coat (my fault) just after buying my trailer. RV service shops are easily found. RV body shops are few and far between.

The original finish/color of GD units is molded in the siding. Patches are finished with Bondo--just like repairs on autos. After finishing, dealers will use auto paint to match the color (GD supplies the paint codes.) While the paint is wet, the painter must do a faux finish to roughen the finish to correspond with the surrounding fiberglass finish. My dealer uses wadded up plastic wrap on the wet paint.

In my case, there were too many sanding scratches in the bondo, and I refused to accept the job. I made them do it over.

Another problem with RV body shops is that they most often take in repair work they cannot possibly finish in a reasonable period of time. My new Reflection was in the shop 5 months--supposedly waiting on cabinetry ordered from GD. I don't think the parts were properly coordinated.

The other problem is a lack of body shop manpower. If I was getting $150 per hour for body repairs, I'd have the finest body shop repairman. Auto body shops cannot afford to pay technicians nearly as much @ $55 per base rate labor. And I'd have the best car painter in town too. Repairs on full paint RV's without color codes are very challenging. There's no reason a dealer should take in a 1 year supply of wrecked/damaged RV's.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piece of advice from a 35 year old veteran camper. You bought a camper, not top of line. Even the best have issues. It's yours now, make the best of it and go camping!

Never leave home without Eternabond tape. Tape the roof, be done. They will not recover the entire roof. Don't worry about some side damage if you cannot see it without really looking. Chances are you will hit something sooner or later. Enjoy what you have and CAMP ON!

We all have been through these issues.

Best Wishes! Life is way to short to worry over this kind of stuff!
    Thank you!

2021 310GKR Solitude
    2022 GMC Denali - Duramax

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeTrekker View Post
    Best thing I ever did was find an independent repair shop that has done all the work on my rig. It's never been back to the dealer we bought it from and the few minor repairs we've needed early on were all approved by GD. Besides the early warranty work, at various times we've had disc brakes added, inverter added, more batteries added and the rig has never been in the shop more than 10 days at a time.
    I couldn't agree more. Being out of warranty is a blessing. I'd much rather pay a fair price and get something fixed right and in a timely manner. I found a collision repair shop that also works on RVs.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the wall repair and the cut on the roof, on the sane side? The thought occurred to me that the rig could of been damaged by the transporter or at the dealer.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lc1496 View Post
    After having read entire insigna owner’s manual, I have determined that this insigna oven ns-rng24ss9 requires 120v 60 hz electrical supply to operate. So much for dry camping lol... guess I should have started there... noob
    No help but a question for you to possibly ask GD.
    If they installed a stove that needs 120 where is the inverter that is necessary for the stove to work during all camping experiences?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast