User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Measurements for shoe area "cubby" underneath TV on 2018 2400BH?

Hi everyone! I'm new here, even though we've owned an 2018 Imagine 2400BH since January 2018.

I'm trying to create my own "drawer" out of thick cardboard that will function as a shoe bin and fit in the little "cubby area" beneath and behind the TV/pantry cupboard and to the right as you enter the 2400BH. This "cubby area" is beside where the fire extinguisher is mounted and at floor level. I'm looking for measurements of the width and depth of the cubby area so I can create a box of exact proportions that will slide in and out of the area.

Unfortunately, last time I was at my trailer, I didn't have a tape measure, and I'm 80 minutes' drive away from my trailer while at home. I do know that the height of the "cubby" area is 20 inches, and that the width is somewhat more than 46", and depth somewhat more than 32", but I need more exact measurements to properly create the "cardboard drawer".

If anyone is near or in their 2400BH and can give me measurements for the exact width and depth of the cubby, plus a measure of how many more inches I can add to the "depth" of the box so that it "juts out" of the cubby but still lines up with the hinge of the screen door, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!
    Julie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rareflower View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new here, even though we've owned an 2018 Imagine 2400BH since January 2018.

I'm trying to create my own "drawer" out of thick cardboard that will function as a shoe bin and fit in the little "cubby area" beneath and behind the TV/pantry cupboard and to the right as you enter the 2400BH. This "cubby area" is beside where the fire extinguisher is mounted and at floor level. I'm looking for measurements of the width and depth of the cubby area so I can create a box of exact proportions that will slide in and out of the area.

Unfortunately, last time I was at my trailer, I didn't have a tape measure, and I'm 80 minutes' drive away from my trailer while at home. I do know that the height of the "cubby" area is 20 inches, and that the width is somewhat more than 46", and depth somewhat more than 32", but I need more exact measurements to properly create the "cardboard drawer".

If anyone is near or in their 2400BH and can give me measurements for the exact width and depth of the cubby, plus a measure of how many more inches I can add to the "depth" of the box so that it "juts out" of the cubby but still lines up with the hinge of the screen door, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!
    Julie
    If nobody gets back to you by the weekend, I'll try and grab those measurements for you when we have our unit out next. Our trailer is also in storage, but we are camping this weekend so I can grab them then!
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you in advance!
    Julie
    I managed to remember to measure the shoe cubby this weekend . It looks like the cubby is 22" wide, 8" tall, and 11" deep. The depth to the door is 15.75". Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    I managed to remember to measure the shoe cubby this weekend . It looks like the cubby is 22" wide, 8" tall, and 11" deep. The depth to the door is 15.75". Hope that helps.
    Thank you so much, SteveO! With your help I can craft my "custom box" this week and bring it up to the trailer on our next visit. I love that you effortlessly "got" what I was asking, in providing me with the depth of the cubby and the depth to the door. Thank you for your kindness!

Julie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much, SteveO! With your help I can craft my "custom box" this week and bring it up to the trailer on our next visit. I love that you effortlessly "got" what I was asking, in providing me with the depth of the cubby and the depth to the door. Thank you for your kindness!

Julie
    No problem, I was in the same boat when trying to build some shelfs for our front storage area, and someone on here gave me the measurements, so I was happy to somewhat return the favor. Enjoy your project, and just remember, I take no responsibility if those measurements don't match your trailer