Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decal removal

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieAndEmillia View Post
    Thats crazy! At Lazy Days in Arizona now, Wife and I are hopefully buying a 2018 397TH tomorrow. We saw in the photo's a week ago that the rig we are interested in doesn't have a sticker/decal either. My first instinct was it has been hit and work done to it. When we saw it today I was looking all around the cap for signs of repair but everything looked fine. Even asked the salesman to contact the previous owner to inquire. We started noticing a few other GD's without decals at the campground they put us in while they get it ready and that puzzled us. Then stumbled across this. Good to know, and wonder if thats the case with mine. Scary something as innocent as bug spray can do so much.

Yep, I’ve been slowly removing mine over the past couple years as they are cracking. Already got the big one off the front and some smaller red colored ones off the sides. No plans to replace them eitheras they’ll deteriorate again in this South Carolina sun.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    DEET based insect repellents will also ruin leather upholstery. We had some leak in the back seat of our car and ruined a couple of spots on the seat. Imagine what it's doing to our skin...

Rob
    Some people have used DEET based products to remove oxidation on headlight lenses. X2 on what it does to skin. I can't believe people use this stuff on themselves

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Yep, I’ve been slowly removing mine over the past couple years as they are cracking. Already got the big one off the front and some smaller red colored ones off the sides. No plans to replace them eitheras they’ll deteriorate again in this South Carolina sun.
    Wow, I just bought a Grand Design and was hoping the decals were a notch above! It was my understanding they were auto quality? Which means with a little care they should last 20 years or more.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if using a "wrap" like the ones they put on trucks, usually for advertising?? A wrap is a series of vinyl decals that are placed over the body panels of the vehicle, letting you drastically change its appearance. I've been told they can completely change the color of a vehicle with this technique. Having the front end of a trailer should not cost a lot more than removing/replacing the decal. Since the wraps are used on vehicles that sit out in the sun I would assume they would be more durable.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The decals on my front cap have deteriorated for a second time. They paired to have them removed and replaced (within the first year). The factory sent me replacements for the third set and some others around the camper for no charge. Wondering if anyone has just put new decals over the smaller ones that have cracked? If not, what is the easiest way to get them off?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found replacement decals are quite affordable as long as they are in production or GD has leftover stock. Once out of stock or out of production the price skyrockets. I paid $ 3.00 for a left side decal, the right was $60.00 !.
    Chuck & Trish
    2017 350M
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW
    2014 HD Roadking

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janiceknight1 View Post
    The decals on my front cap have deteriorated for a second time. They paired to have them removed and replaced (within the first year). The factory sent me replacements for the third set and some others around the camper for no charge. Wondering if anyone has just put new decals over the smaller ones that have cracked? If not, what is the easiest way to get them off?
    I thought the decals were warranted for 5 years?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old thread but others may find it in a search. I own a sign company and we use Krystal Tech Vinyl Off. It works particularly good on older graphics. What it does is rejuvenates the vinyl so it doesn't break off in small bits and helps the adhesive release from the substrate. It hasn't bothered any other surface we have used it on. To remove any excess adhesive, Rapid Remover is absolutely the best. It is non toxic and water soluble. Spray it on, wast a few minutes then use a plastic scraper to remve the adhesive. If it doesn't all come off the first time, just spray on a little more. After you are done, just wash it with soap and water.
    Ayran and Paul McIntosh
    Box Elder, SD
    2020 Solitude 310GK "LaMancha"
    2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12